Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My new V40 passion red D2 SE has t-tec blonde upholstery.
It seems to mark too easily by far -in these current weather conditions anything on gloves from door/boot handles transmits itself to interior door pull which appears to be either a porous leather or synthetic material which I feel will soon get ingrained /patchy
I had Supagard treatment ? internally and externally although did not receive their upholstery cleaner(but everything else!)
Worse -the seat textile inserts seem to be a nightmare to clean and like my previous S40 seem to show water marks/non-uniformity when they dry
I have used proprietary products like Valay etc.
Has anybody else any experience of this -better still resolved this cleaning
problem?
In all other respects delighted with the car!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As -seemingly- few have had the same problem as I -or not yet anyway
I am pleased to say that after trying a number of products/remedies I have found a solution and would therefore like to pass this on to those who I feel will sooner or later be interested.
-As the issue with this type of upholstery is it's readiness to watermark then any application using a water based carrier under pressure such as spray is -in my opinion-to be avoided.It will not damage the fabric but it will leave it patchy/tidemarked as it remains wet for too long.
Using either of the two interior wipes packs available from that well known chain of Stores on out of town retail parks works a treat as these wipes produce a semi-dry foam which dries in about 30 mins .If applied in the direction of the fine weave(and not across it) it is 100% effective and dries uniformly. It also works on the leather piping/trim.:)[/size][/font]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts