Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After just 1000km with the new v40 a lot of stone marks at the hood.
It seems the clear coat is very thin or weak.
Does anyone having the same issue?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I can't say anything about the thickness, I have not measured it. But a new car needs some curing. At least the first
Month the paint needs to harden. Can you post some pics of the issue?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Didn't know this still needed to happen, kinda glad I had a 3 week wait from dealer delivery to my collection :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Not one stone mark on mine after 12,000 miles. I generally find keeping a safe distance behind the car head reduces such marks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm looking into the 3M clear film for the front of mine- anyone tried it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
My V40 got some stone chips on the front bumper, especially when I was driving in Sweden, but it got replaced after I hit a deer. There are no stone chips on the present front bumper yet.

It also got a few small marks on the rear bumper, probably caused by our pram or suitcases striking it lightly during loading or unloading. Thus, I think the coating on the bumper is relatively weak. I repaired the marks yesterday with a paint kit from Volvo, spending two hours on repainting, before achieving a satisfactory effect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can't avoid that if you drive fast. I'm sorry about that. the most way to protect as must as you can is coating color with glass coating or teflon coat. It can help for a little but mostly depend on environment on the street and driving style.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts