Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that the front wipers do not do a clearing wipe 15 secs or so after the last regular wipe when the facility is activated. Not sure if that makes sense. Most other cars do this automatically to clear the runs that inevitably occur. I found that really useful in my old car. Am I doing so etching wrong or is it just not there?

·
Registered
945 Posts
I personally don't like it as sometimes I don't need a cleaning stroke and it can cause smears, put extra strain on motors etc, and if I do it is not hard to knock the stalk for an extra stroke if needed

·
Registered
221 Posts
I personally don't like it as sometimes I don't need a cleaning stroke and it can cause smears, put extra strain on motors etc, and if I do it is not hard to knock the stalk for an extra stroke if needed
I'm with you on this one.

One thing I do like on the V40 vs previous cars. With the rain sensor activated you can still move the control stick up for a single wipe. On all of my previous cars the sensor position was 1 down from neutral, and the single swipe was 1 up from Neutral - meaning you had to take it off sensor to swipe, and when you set it back to sensor it did a swipe as well.

Ah such a good world we live in when we can worry about such trivialities :angel:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.