Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my V40 cross country a few days. I have noticed that the clock display in the centre consol screen only appears when the radio is on, is this correct. I would like the clock to be there all the time as I don't always have the radio on. I have searched through the menus but have found no way to have it displayed all the time. I assume the infotainment system has to be switched on for it to be displayed and I will have to mute the radio which seems a rather clunky way of doing things. Have I missed something in the setup. I have the standard analogue dash

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Amrish, you would have thought that a supposed premium make of vehicle would be able to display a clock when so many budget cars manage it without a problem. Apart from that I must say it is a very nice motor.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I must go check this out, haven't really looked at it like that

·
Registered
273 Posts
There's a clock in front of me all the time on the dashboard TFT display...don't understand this thread?
Darren

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cracked it,If I want a clock displayed when the radio is off I have to turn off the digital speedo in the centre of the dashboard speedo and then it is displayed there as a default.
Darren, I have the analogue dash not the TFT one and it doesn't display quite the same information as yours.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm probably not explaining this very well. When I picked the car up instead of there being a clock in the centre of the speedometer there was a digital speed display, the one that you can change to read in Kms. The only clock display I could find was the one that come on the infotainment display when the radio was switched on. I have now found that if I turn off the digital speed the clock appears in the centre of the speedometer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.