Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My V40 was in for it's 3 month check today, and I asked for them to have a look at the clutch pedal, as it's quite a bit higher than the brake,which I find a little annoying- and also I find the dipped beam quite poor, and asked if they could check the headlamp alignment. Both checked out fine. I had a look at other V40's in the showroom and saw the clutch was the same in all of them.. anyone else noticed this? Anyone else tried better bulbs for dipped beam?

Anyway, clean bill of health- just need to put some miles on it now!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Headlights

Hi Tiff,
I'm looking forward to picking up my Rebel Blue D3 R Design, I have a face lift C30 D3 at present my second C30 the first one being a MK1 and I have to say I was very disappointed by the dipped headlight performance on both cars so much so I converted them to HIDs.
I took a test drive at my dealership but it was during the day so forgive the pun.
"I can't throw any light on your issue":rolleyes:
I just hope I don't have to spend cash on a new car !!!

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have the active bending headlights, which did 'droop' after a while. My dealer took the car in and reset them. It only took a few minutes. There is a module in the back somewhere where the adjustment is made.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I had my dealer raise the headlights to the "maximum" allowed as I found the regular dipped beam was too low...they did it and in six odd months, no complaints.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I had my dealer raise the headlights to the "maximum" allowed as I found the regular dipped beam was too low...they did it and in six odd months, no complaints.
A few people have now complained about the dipped beams not shining far enough. I will also ask my dealer to check mine next time my car is there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I reset mine last night, to the highest height permitted for the MOT test, and it's made a MASSIVE difference- seems like the beam setter at the factory has sunk a little!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's really easy on the V40- look down at the headlamp from above, and you'll see 2 adjusters with an 8mm plastic hex on them- mine were easy enough to turn by hand. The outer ones are for left to right adjustment, and the inners up and down. They are marked "up" and "down"-You can see it in the pic bottom right, just above where it says 1.0%- just a couple of turns make a big difference!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Cool, thanks Tiff, might even do it myself then :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.