Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post, I have just bought a 2015 plate v40 5 days ago and on way home tonight the clutch pedal stuck to the floor, I've freed it and all seems good, but should I call the warranty people and get it looked at or just return to the independent dealer I bought it from and ask for a refund before its too late. Bye the way I absolutely love the car otherwise. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks Tom.

·
Registered
2018 MY, T3 R-Design Pro, Xenium pack
26 Posts
Agreed - typical of clutch slave cylinder failure, which is not uncommon in V40s, and it’s an expensive job to replace (transmission out etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
882 Posts
When I purchased my V40 from new the whole clutch pedal assembly had to be replaced under warranty.
The issue started with a slight intermittent soft click that gradually over time started to have an ever so slight resistance at certain point when pressing the pedal down, this turned into a more obvious resistance, could heard as the pedal was pressed down and released back up.

The car went into to be checked a couple of times but each time the service department could find an issue, so when it got to point of really p**sing me off I insisted that the service manager come for a drive, and within a few hundred yards of driving with the radio off on a nice smooth quiet road, and with the service manager leaning over and listening he could hear the noise exactly at the same time I could feel resistance on the pedal.

It was an intermittent problem that took a while to convince the dealership there was an issue.

It turned out that apparently there were a number of V40's within a certain VIN range that had a manufacturing fault with the clutch assembly, which apparently had something to do with a welded part of the clutch assembly that was causing the to catch on something as it was pressed downwards.

I was told later on by the service manager during another visit that they had changed a number of the clutch assemblies on V40's since doing mine, all with the same problem, and if the numbers reached a certain number it would be a recall, not sure if that ever happened ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts