Volvo V40 Forums banner

Clutch vibration

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  snaptastic 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have recently purchased a V40 T2 R-design, having driven a V50 for years, and really enjoy driving my new car. A couple of weeks from purchase I fell fowl of balance shaft replacement (24,000 miles on a 3 year old car, which cost the seller, £1,100 to fix via Volvo). Since before this fault and currently when the revs are middle to high and I change gear, clutch depressed, I can feel a slight vibration on my foot from the clutch pedal. As the engine warms the more noticeable the vibration becomes. It is fairly inoffensive and the car otherwise sounds and drives fine. Is this a T2 ism, I wouldn't expect this in Volvo engineering. Can anyone shed any light?

#2 ·
I just experienced this/similar on a 2017 V40 T2 petrol that I test drove (also upgrading from a V50). I can't say exactly when it happened, but usually noticeable when downshifting when approaching roundabouts etc. Hard to say if it was a vibration, or if some part of the mechanism was periodically sticking. I was not able to get it to happen repeatedly. The car was warmed up (10 minutes drive on 110 km/h road) when I noticed it.

Did you ever solve what the issue was?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.