Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, its finally ready for collection. Got a call from the Singapore Volvo centre and went straight after work. Reckon you guys can understand my excitement as it got closer to leaving the office. Gosh what an experience it was; from the unveiling of the covered car (a bit of dramatics thrown in by Volvo) , the customised "welcome to the volvo family" sign with our names on it to the lovely Christmas hamper surprise in the boot. Its my first Volvo and it won't be the last. Now I understand why you guys love your v40s so much. Safe driving everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is a beauty!
I ve never heard of such a welcome from Volvo, but sure adds a little dramatic touch to the whole experience!
Unfortunately, since mine is a leased one, I will just have to pick it up from a Leasing Company Garage...
Please share with us your first day experience!
I see you have Powershift. How does it respond?
Enjoy your toy!!!

·
Registered
591 Posts
As others - Colour and lustre is stunning

As for the dealer experience - we are all jealous, mine didn't even remember to PDI it till 30 mins before I got there, not to mention fcuk up my order

That really does set you off on the right foot - feeling good before you have even got in it !

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well we are not all jealous. I am not, the dealership that I use has been superb. :D
Same here, Kev - my dealer staged an unveiling ceremony for me, with an unexpected extra included (a full set of rubber floormats), plus a Volvo golf umbrella, and an enormous bouquet of flowers for Mrs P.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi guys thank you for your kind support, the waxing was done by the dealer before collection with floor mats and that trademark volvo umbrella. Cars are rather overpriced here in Singapore (a base level v40 d2 goes for around 64,000 pounds) due to huge import taxes, dealers are competitive on the value adds, esp towards the end of the year. The powershift is nice but I'm still getting used to the feeling of some lag when you push down on the pedal, so you push harder and suddenly the power comes in a surge. Not sure if that is a turbo trademark or unique to the D2 only. but that aside its a total joy to drive. The built quality is amazing and it's nimble. Love the burgundy red color against the piano black boot panel. I can understand why everyone writes about how each time you drive the car you've got a huge smile on your face.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome Darren! Another SG owner here. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.