Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I'm a proud owner of a V40, D2 and I'm loving it in every aspect....well not every one and this is puzzling me: I've been reading in several reviews how comfortable is the ride and the seats but this is something I cannot say about my V40 :( the ride is way too hard and I literally feel every bump on the road. After longer journeys I even get back pain. Has anyone else had this feeling?
Yesterday I've noticed that the tire pressure on the V40 has two settings: a normal pressure and a higher pressure corresponding to the "eco" settings. This weekend I'll check the pressure on my tires (16') and see if they are set to the eco value...I hope this is the cause for all the discomfort.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes my ride on the 17" Mannan alloys was harsh too, factory tyre pressures were at the eco (37psi), personally I found I had to let them down to the regular 33psi, it's definitely made a difference to the ride. I've not noticed a significant drop in fuel economy either, trip computer is still saying 56/57mpg which equates to real world 54ish, that's roughly what it's been averaging over the last month or two.
A handful of people have reported back problems, whatcar put it down to the offset steering column, similar to my previous BMW 1 series. it doesn't work for some people. Like a few of the other owners, it took me a while to get the seat angle and height just right with the steering wheel reach and height, now it's perfect and extremely comfortable vs my previous BMWs/Audi/VW.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/our-cars-volvo-v40/august/263624

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have a V40 R-Design D3 and haven't experienced any problems. I also spent a few minutes ensuring I had the correct driving position etc. Steering reach is really important to reduce arm, neck and shoulder strain. Make sure your back makes contact all the way down the seat evenly.

This is the most comfortable car I've owned. Tyre pressures are at factory set pressures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Amazing! My tires were way over-inflated: 40 psi (cold tires)! It was no surprise the ride was so hard and the car was always jumping. I've double checked in 2 gas stations and the result was the same. It is now at 35 psi and yes i can tell the difference, the care is much more comfortable and smooth!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts