Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been lots of posts about V40s having problems which have necessitated return visits to the dealer for rectification work. To balance it up, it would be nice to hear from V40 owners who have experienced no problems whatsoever with their car and have been completely satisfied from the start.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I may be looking for something else soon as I can't stand the road noise and Volvo don't seem to care........
Waiting with bated breath to see how many responses you get....

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I find this post to be a genuine work of "an agent provocateur" !!! ;)
I don't know about that. This is what I imagine a conversation topic in the local WI to look and start like. ;)

My name seems to have been highlighted by Mr Fudd. Lol. I cannot comment, I do not own a V40 as per the original post. Mind you, judging by all the complaints and moaning on here I am quite pleased I don't. Lol ;) :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I find this post to be a genuine work of "an agent provocateur" !!! ;)
I just thought it might put into perspective the number of posts that have reported problems. In general it's only the problems which get publicised. The owners (and I assume that they are in the majority) who have experienced no problems and are completely satisfied usually don't feel the need to publicise the fact. I think it would be nice to hear from them.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
For the V40 that I lease and have had for 14 months and 23,000 miles I have had to make one unplanned trip to the dealer for a replacement fuel filter. Do I have issue with this? No I don't and I won't whinge and whine on about it. Things can and do go wrong. Am I completely satisfied? Then yes. My lease was arranged through Volvo. The dealership have provided excellent service. The car is great and the support from the dealership has made the whole process of driving and leasing a V40 to be a very good seamless experience indeed! :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've have had my V40 for 18 months, and I'm very satisfied with the car. I have been to the dealer a few times, because of recalls and one service. At all visits it was fast, and they provided me with a loan-car (last time, it was a CC T5, nice to try that!).

I guess the majority of people writing here, do so because there is something wrong. I's the same a visiting a Ferrari repair shop, and concluding that all Ferrari's are rubbish because they break down all the time.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess the majority of people writing here, do so because there is something wrong.
I was thinking along the same lines. If we knew the number of V40 Club members (I would guess it's very small compared to the total number of V40 owners/drivers), it would help even more to put the number of problems reported into perspective.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Is this topic only for those who didn't have any problems and are completely satisfied, or can those who had some minor niggles but are more than satisfied also pitch in? ?

---------------------
Volvo V40 D2 Momentum, Ice White, Premium Sound, BLIS+LKA+RSI, TFT Display, Heated Windscreen, Rear Park Assist, Active High Beam, Power Child Lock

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have had my v40 d 2 r design for 4 months and have no complaints and have not had to return to the dealer. Any little niggles have been resolved by asking a question here. I am still in love with my v40 it's a great car. Even if I do have a problem with my right foot we can't all be lucky enough to drive like kev!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I came back yesterday from a long weekend in Lancashire. Went there, drove around (a lot), came back, all on one tank, and I still have enough oil left to commute for the rest of the week. 64 MPG to get there, 60 when I went back, and that was not Kev style ;). 520 miles and 12 hours driven, enjoyed every minute and did not feel tired at all. The car easily swallowed all our luggage. What's there not to like?

I have been emotionally attached to some of my previous cars for various reasons, but this is the best car I have ever owned, by some measure.:heart:

Oh, and interestingly, there was one other white D2 parked just across the road where we stayed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I can't see this topic providing any meaningful statistics.

In some respects, one persons minor niggle is another's big compliant. You could have a small rattle (which in turn is fixed by the dealer) & still be completely satisfied.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
What is the motive of the thread? Is it a thread to discredit the V40? I doubt you will find one car on the planet that is completely trouble free. Trouble free may not bring total satisfaction? Having a car that is not trouble free does not mean you cannot be completely satisfied.

But whatever the motive, it's fun seeing the replies. :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
This has been my experience of owning a D2 R Design for 8 months:

Flaking paintwork
Noisy wipers
Faulty door seals
Door rattles/whistling
Uncomfortable seats/driving position
Door locking faults
Starting problems
Etc etc

This a list of all the issues I haven't experienced with my car - in fact it has performed faultlessly since day one, and still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

There is some chassis noise travelling on rubbish UK roads, but I expected this when opting for sports suspension. The ride is far superior to my old Mini Cooper S, which nearly loosened the fillings in your teeth on bumpy roads.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What is the motive of the thread? Is it a thread to discredit the V40? :D
Shame on you!
You've completely misjudged me. I was hoping to reveal that although a lot of members have reported problems with their V40 that nevertheless their troublesome cars are not representative of V40s in general and that most V40s are in fact trouble-free. Based on my own experience of cars bought in the last 20 years or so, cars these days (regardless of make) are extremely reliable and usually only require a visit to the dealer for routine servicing and MOT tests. Unfortunately, as jens-peter said earlier, owners of trouble-free cars don't feel the need to go into print the same as owners of troublesome cars.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.