Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies - bitt of an odd first post! So... in the process of buying my first V40 2014 Crosscounty D2 Lux. Test drive is going well for the first few minutes until the car starts bucking and losing power. Diesel is reading zero as the vendor hadnt put any in before sending us out. The range was reading '...' which I'm assuming isnt good. Luckily, there was a filling station on hand - upon receipt of fuel the car starts up but immediately cuts out, then just turns over when the start button is pressed again Nothing we tried would get passed this, just the same cycle

There was a message in the dash saying 'locks and alarm full guard' and an 'ok' or 'cancel' option but neither selection made a difference. Tried locking and unlocking to no effect.

It seems like and engine safety feature that's kicking in after nearly running out of fuel - any obvious thoughts on what it could be or a solution!! Woudl really like to complete the test drive and make our first Volvo purchase!!

thanks in advance!

Paul

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m sure that there’s something in the handbook about starting the engine after running out of fuel - not near mine so can’t check but if there’s a book in the car would be worth looking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks @VeeForty Deetoo - it is a 1.6 and that sounds very likely the issue 👍. As you can tell, very new to Volvos so need to research the D2 engine in mine (early 2014) which looks to basically the Ford Duratorq with a little Volvo fettling?

I though the locks things was connected to the fueling but I think that's something else and threw me off the scent! Good idea about using the experience to get a little extra warrantly! Other than the fact that we really loved the car and (ironically!) it appears to be have been really well looked after (full Vovlo s/h and not a single advisory on past MOTs) dont think I would be considering still buying a car that didnt even make it through a test drive!!

thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts