Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just yesterday I received my MY15 V40 D2.

I was expecting early September but its here already.

Anyway i'm confused with the "Contrast mode/Colour mode" which is available from the left-hand stalk switch.

I'm pushing "OK" in the left switch and the Menu options are :

Themes
Contrast mode/Colour mode
Service status

I can't figure out what it does ... i'm pushing ok and it's just change from one to another (Contrast/Colour mode), and nothing is changing.

Also the Owners Manual isn't very helpful, all it says is :

Contrast mode/Colour mode :
Adjusting the combined instrument panel's brightness and colour intensity.

But How ??

Any help is welcome

·
Registered
945 Posts
The colour mode has a little bit of colour intensifying towards the needles, contrast doesn't, I use contrast as I found the colour mode a bit of a gimmick.

The dimming dash only works when in night mode, during the day ode it is super bright (it seems shockingly bright when it switched from night mode to day mode)

·
Registered
227 Posts
lights

The colour mode has a little bit of colour intensifying towards the needles, contrast doesn't, I use contrast as I found the colour mode a bit of a gimmick.

The dimming dash only works when in night mode, during the day ode it is super bright (it seems shockingly bright when it switched from night mode to day mode)
I just covered the day night sensor on the dash and I can now dim the dash lights any time I run with my lights on anyway as well as my DLR so no need to switch from to day to night mode

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.