Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I drive a V40 2017.
Following recent annual service and mot 3 wks ago, soon after starting the engine, a message is displayed that there is a coolant system malfunction and service required.
I took it back to the Halfords where it was serviced; on the second time was advised that it could be low battery, and I got a new battery yesterday. In the garage, everything seemed fine. No error msg, this morning, the msg appears again. The engine temperature gauze also doesn't work. I am told that I can drive.
Any one had similar issues.. any thoughts please.. bit annoying

·
Registered
MY17 V40 2.0 D2 Momentum Nav + Passion Red, Winter Pack, Power Seats and TFT Display
242 Posts
Never heard this one myself, personally I wouldn't trust Halfords to change a light bulb. I'd speak to Volvo and get the correct advice, if you go back to Halfords again they may make the situation even worse. If Volvo diagnose it to be something Halfords have done I'd have it sorted at Volvo and take Halfords the bill.

Jason

·
Super Moderator
713 Posts
You don't say what engine you have?
The D2 can suffer with some serious cooling system issues

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never heard this one myself, personally I wouldn't trust Halfords to change a light bulb. I'd speak to Volvo and get the correct advice, if you go back to Halfords again they may make the situation even worse. If Volvo diagnose it to be something Halfords have done I'd have it sorted at Volvo and take Halfords the bill.

Jason
Thanks Jason. I need to speak with volvo

·
Super Moderator
713 Posts
Hi, its D3
Well, the good news is you shouldn't have the problem the D2 suffers where the block can crack necessitating a new engine.

Sadly I never had a D3 so can't offer much in the way of advice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have the same problem. V40 2016 D3. Volvo have reset all error messages. Still the same message comes up. Coolant System Malfunction. Service Required. If I disconnected the battery for a few seconds the message goes away and all is OK. However in the morning the message comes back and the temp gauge doesn't work . Has anyone resolved this issue ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts