Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed the other day that I have some cracks on one of the headlights, not sure where they came from as the car was parked in the garage, and I'm 99.9% sure they weren't there when I parked the car inside the garage.

Has anyone ever seen something similar? Do you know what might have caused this? And is there any way to remove/fix this?

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive parking light Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tire Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive tire Hood Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
66Plate V40 D2 Momentum Nav Plus in Mussel Blue
20 Posts
My thoughts are that the cracking/crazing is caused by something attacking the perspex of the headlight lens. Have you used something with amonia in it to clean the headlight...something like T-Cut or similar which has amonia in it?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I had a 2018 (Thor Hammer LED) that had similar cracks like this however it was not at the 'top' of the headlight but down the middle where the high-beam was, but thought it was caused by a stonechip as it was only 2 years old and shouldn't have cracked already.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Are these cracks or scratches? They do look like scratches on the photos and I would suspect a cat doing these.
There is some sort of material that is used to fill cracks on windows, maybe this can applied there too. You could visit a detailing shop and ask I think!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts