Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2013 V40 D3 manual (UK) and am currently in discussion with Volvo over the operation of cruise control (not ACC) - according to the manual and online Volvo resources, cruise control (when active) is temporarily disabled when either the brake or clutch pedal is depressed. However, following a recent service I have noticed that pressing the clutch pedal has no effect and cruise control remains active.

Has anyone else had any issues with cruise control operation or can verify how it works on their vehicle? Every other car I have owned with cruise control deactivates on brake or clutch.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I think it only disengages when the barke pedal is pressed. I don't think pressing the clutch disengages CC

·
Registered
273 Posts
Not sure that this helps the answer but I can change up a gear and the CC is still active and maintains the speed or is accelerating to the next 5mph notch.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Doesn't it only disable when pressing the brake

·
Registered
39 Posts
My current BMW also stays on when depressing the clutch, so you can change gear without having to reset it.

I like this feature, all my other cars tripped the cruise control off with both the brake and clutch.

What happens if you put it into neutral? This should turn it off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.