Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my D2 go through its 37,500 mile service today. Delivered back to my office after the service was completed.

Guess what. It's running fantastically well. Nothing wrong. Running smoothly like new. Not one fault since day one.

Hey, I have even got past the first forum expert reported deadline that I could expect turbo / dpf problems from 30,000 miles. ;) lol.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Your driving a ticking time bomb mate.
Hehehehehehe. My nerves can't cope with it. :)

The serious point though is that the car has performed without fault and sounds / drives like brand new.

I am nervous about another expert comment that said the dpf / turbo problem will start at 40,000 miles. ;) lol

·
Registered
630 Posts
Kev, it's good to know that your car has been completely trouble-free. There aren't many members who have said that. It would be nice if we had a thread which lists the number of members who have got a trouble-free V40 and the number who have had/got a problem with their V40. That way we might get some idea of the percentage of V40s which are trouble-free.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yellowbelly, I fully agree. What I got from extenively browsing such forums for various cars (when I was doing my research before deciding for the V40) is that basically, mainly dissatisfied people feel the need to voice their anger, bitterness, etc.
So, let's here more from satisfied ones.

Still waiting for my V40 D2 Powershift Livstyl

·
Registered
382 Posts
The whole point is that why should one bother commenting and why would anyone be interested if all is being reported is that there is nothing to report?

This forum is most useful for spotting problems that several have to endure rather than the one or two random issues that every car suffers from on occasion.

It's also useful for comparison, Kev for example (and I would also put myself in a similar category), obviously drives carefully and has no issues with his Turbo or Engine at 37k miles. Others may drive the D2 variant a little 'sportier' and who knows, they may suffer Turbo failure or other problems. Time will tell.

It's worth noting that the V40 is still a fairly new vehicle. It made me smile when I read a comment on this site from someone that had their previous Volvo for 15 years! I certainly will not have the lovey V that long but I'm sure the V40 will have a similar longevity to Volvos of old.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yellowbelly, I fully agree. What I got from extenively browsing such forums for various cars (when I was doing my research before deciding for the V40) is that basically, mainly dissatisfied people feel the need to voice their anger, bitterness, etc.
So, let's here more from satisfied ones.

Still waiting for my V40 D2 Powershift Livstyl
People tend to only speak up when they are unhappy, for me it was one of the deciding factors, that and my family are VAG nuts so am very familiar with all the problems the Audi A3 and Golfs can also suffer from. The 2012+ V40 had very few negatives from the various sources I looked at in comparison to other marques, now you could argue that's down to bigger volumes the other marques sell over the humble V40..... Maybe.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Add me to the list. 60K km now and no problem at all. And I am not a "careful driver" who does not go above 2000 rpm :)

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice one Jobi.
Hi all I am coming to the end of my 3 yr warranty with my v40 d2 I am currently suffering with keyless problems not sure about the extended warranty after reading about turbo problems are they on the petrol or diesel models? I am at the moment not enamoured with my dealer, took the car in first thing thursday 0815 hrs morning after the fault Occured Wed night dealer to busy to see car told to ring Volvo assist, landed back at dealer at 12.30hrs now car will poss be ready Monday night. Volvo assist were good!
Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am now having to give up my D2 V40 on a 62 plate as the 3 year lease is up.
have covered 86,000 miles and only replaced tyres and a head light bulb.
I do hard driving in traffic (London) with the occasional trip to Cardiff.
Fleet manager does not have the V40 on his list anymore as he stated has gone out of my price bracket.
New car arriving in October so OK for a few more weeks, hopefully will be as good as the V40

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.