Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed there was a number of deliveries of new V40s recently - I was wondering has anyone got the upgraded D2 with 88 gr CO2 and lowered consumption?

When I ordered my V40 in late April, I was told the production of the 88 gr version would commence in second half of June and I went for this version. Still waiting for the car.

I tried to find more information as to what exactly they did to the engine (or the car - since the engine stats like torque and power did not change) to lower the consumption and CO2, but to no avail... I obviously like the lower cinsumption, but I wouldn't like it to be some sort of trade-off sacrificing the responsiveness and overall feel of the D2 engine (which seems to be pretty good).

Anybody has an idea what changes were made to the engine or the car?Anybody driven one? :huh:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Our dealer (Birmingham) said they had 12 V40s delivered on Tuesday alone, mine was a D3 though, but the V40 is obviously popular at the moment!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I noticed there was a number of deliveries of new V40s recently - I was wondering has anyone got the upgraded D2 with 88 gr CO2 and lowered consumption?

When I ordered my V40 in late April, I was told the production of the 88 gr version would commence in second half of June and I went for this version. Still waiting for the car.

I tried to find more information as to what exactly they did to the engine (or the car - since the engine stats like torque and power did not change) to lower the consumption and CO2, but to no avail... I obviously like the lower cinsumption, but I wouldn't like it to be some sort of trade-off sacrificing the responsiveness and overall feel of the D2 engine (which seems to be pretty good).

Anybody has an idea what changes were made to the engine or the car?Anybody driven one? :huh:
Mine is the new 2014 engine, so will anyone else's be that's getting the delivery around now. Mine is powershift though, so my CO2 figure is 102. What they did to reduce from 99 to 88 is a mystery. Some websites mention a new engine (its the same Ford Engine as the Focus it appears)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Our dealer (Birmingham) said they had 12 V40s delivered on Tuesday alone, mine was a D3 though, but the V40 is obviously popular at the moment!
The weekend I ordered my car our dealer took orders for 16 V40's in 4 hours.

I was looking forward to being rather unique, but it seems a lot of other people also want to be unique.:huh:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Original D2 was 94gms/km - I suspect the drop to 88gms may in part be down to the D2 now having the sports suspension as standard which may lower the drag coefficient a little bit more? Maybe the ECU map has been tweaked further to reduce idle emissions or similar, as I believe the gearbox and power output remain identical to the MY13 version.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Original D2 was 94gms/km - I suspect the drop to 88gms may in part be down to the D2 now having the sports suspension as standard which may lower the drag coefficient a little bit more? Maybe the ECU map has been tweaked further to reduce idle emissions or similar, as I believe the gearbox and power output remain identical to the MY13 version.
nry, are you sure about the sports suspension being standard in D2 MY14? I looked at the UK price list and it is a non-standard option.

My price list from April says "Dynamic chassis" as standard only on D3 and D4 and sports chassis as an option - which makes it even less clear about the D2.

Any clues?:huh:

·
Registered
202 Posts
nry, are you sure about the sports suspension being standard in D2 MY14? I looked at the UK price list and it is a non-standard option.

My price list from April says "Dynamic chassis" as standard only on D3 and D4 and sports chassis as an option - which makes it even less clear about the D2.

Any clues?:huh:
It is on D2 R-Designs yes, see this thread here where we discuss it, tho it appears Volvo's website hasn't been updated to make it clear. Try to configure the sport pack (lowered chassis, tints, and adjustable steering force) for the D2 R-Design and you will see it in't available. You can select tints and steering options separately. Choose any other engine or model variant (D2 SE Lux or D3/4 etc) and the sport pack is available.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
202 Posts
But in reply to you original question I guess the evidence would indicate that lowering may not contribute to the better emissions as the sport chassis isn't standard across all D2 models.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But in reply to you original question I guess the evidence would indicate that lowering may not contribute to the better emissions as the sport chassis isn't standard across all D2 models.
Exactly. Yes, the R-Design D2 has sports suspension as standard, but I was referring to the regular D2, which also has lowered CO2 and consumption.

Maybe they just bribed the testers :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.