Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any D2 owners experienced this? I find it happens occasionally when I stop and take off my seatbelt in quick succession! I get the "Press Start Button" on the screen, even though I haven't turned off the engine! The strange thing is, it doesn't happen all the time. And it happens (most days) on the way into my work car park when I will stop, take off my seatbelt and open the window all in quick succession. It never happens when stopped at traffic lights (auto stop start will kick in then) or when parking....

I'm still trying to work out if this is normal behaviour or whether I need to contact my dealer about it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It could be that because you've taken your seatbelt off the car thinks you're about to get out and therefore need to turn the engine off (logical perception).

Haven't tried it myself so can't say if line does the same

·
Registered
227 Posts
The car thinks you are leaving happens to me where I have to use a access card but the idiots put the reader to far from the pavement .you can stop it by switching off auto stop start before you get to the boom

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both for the replies. I have figured this out now. If you stop the car, then immediately take off your seatbelt, the engine switches off as it thinks you are getting out. Makes sense really as it saves you pressing the button!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm starting to doubt my certainty on this one now. Seems my V40 will switch the engine off in these cases when it feels like it and sometimes cannot be bothered and makes me press the button to shut down manually.

Can anyone else try this and let me know if they get the same result? Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.