Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi !

I'm new here.
My boss ordered me a v40 d2 Kinetic one week ago.
(we were initially looking for a 10kE second-hand car. We had some arrangement to increase the amount to reach used volvo. And with Belgium's Salon de l'Auto, he could get nice discounts... instead of a 70k Km already used v40 that costs 17kE, he got me a new v40 for 20kE.)

He's the perfect boss. ^^

Since my godfather let me try his v60 I'm mad of volvos... More "distinguished" than most german cars, IMO.
Getting one now is... well... kinda awesome. I feel like being very lucky.

Whatever, it's a Kinetic that comes in Osmium Grey dress, fitted with:
- Business Motion Pack (too bad there is no more the Aux input, my Cowon j3 would have been awesome in there)
- Winter Pack (useless since I have a garage... :-/)

Gonna do something like 40k Km/year for work.
Comfort, audio quality and silence were very important to me (now I'm using a Peugeot 207, it's noisy and not really comfortable)

Can't wait !!! (reseller told us we should have to wait for 8-10 weeks)

PS; sorry for my english, must be fullfiled with grammatical/vocabulary errors.

·
Registered
942 Posts
A warm welcome to the forum Stix & congrats on your V40 order :)
What a nice boss you have! There are plenty out there that would have happily saved the 3k & given you a 2nd hand car!

After a 207 a brand new V40 will feel like a limousine I'd say :)
Hope you enjoy the upgrade when she arrives & remember to post us some pics to admire :)

For the record you did pretty well writing in English... I LOT better than me trying to write in French or Dutch that's for sure!

Enjoy your V40 when she arrives :wink2:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Stix, great to see another belgian v40 coming soon on the road! Did you get it as a fleet car? If so you would have the Professional Pack.
I am too getting a D2 Kinetic as company car, wiith Professional Pack (business motion + metallic color) and style pack.

I will be getting some extras off my own money like Ttec seats, power steering modes.

Fleet cars get a humongous discount, 33% gets my company in total.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your answers... :)

Yes sure I'll post some pics as soon as I get the car.
(even if everyone here already knows what it seems like,... ^^)

@brazos; yes it's with pro pack. You are sure about the free style pack?
Didn't saw that on the website... That would be nice. :)
Actually I would have paid with a bit of my money to get some extra options, but... I'm already contributing for the v40 (80e/month for the 4 years I'm gonna use it. It was the price for me to jump from the promised dacia sandero to the holly v40. My back, head and ears wellness totally worth this little price)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Welcome from another Belgium guy here. Pretty sure a v40 is just a tad better than the Sandero. Only James May would prefer the Sandero I guess :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it on Saturday.
Had to drive 100km to get it... last time I drove my Peugeot 207.
My girlfriend had to come back in the peugeot while I was (really) enjoying my first v40 100km.

First thought:
I know i got one of the cheapest version but... The tissue... **** it's not good looking. Lot of little things feels like missing: foldable armset for back seats, storage pouch on driver backseat, no airflow for back seats,...
The GPS seems way slower to react than the one I tried in the V60.
... And lot of little insignificant stuff.

BUT...

The drive is (god ****) awesome compared to my 207. It's so smooth, so sweet, so silent, sound is great, comfortable... Everything driver/oriented feels perfect !

Final first impression: It's not gonna be an awesome car to go on trip with a couple of friends. But for me and my GF, it's a wonderful car.
I'm so excited. Trying to find any good excuse to have a ride with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts