Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the V40 D2 SE Lux on the UK configurator. It seems that on this model one cannot change the standard 17" wheels for the 17" Segomo ones. I see from the price list that the tyre sizes are slightly different. Is the reason for not being able to spec a different wheel on this model a mechanical issue, or is it something to do with efficiency or CO2 figures - low rolling resistance tyres or something? - given that the D2 is the model that provides the headline efficiency/CO2 figures? Or something else?

Cheers

Joe

·
Registered
108 Posts
All related to co2 emission.
What you can try for example is having different wheels as accessory and trade them on the factory wheels.
Here a lot of dealers have that trick :)
Or you can request initial delivery on winter tires and have a second set of wheels for the summer. (Assuming you are not in SA or something :))
As long as it leaves the factory on the specified wheels

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
630 Posts
Ask your dealer whether they can find a car which has your preferred wheels and tyres, and whether they would be prepared to swap them over. It's surprising what some dealers will agree to in order to get your business. If you don't ask, you don't get! There's more than one way to de-fur a feline!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Have them trade the tires for winter, buy nice summer set :) that really ain't that difficult :)
Yes ofcourse dependent on how much they want to sell you a car....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks. Just wondered what the reason was really.
Co2. The manual has the 205/50 , and the auto has the 225/45. The Auto could not get under 100 anyways, so they gave it the bigger wheels. On my auto I was able to specify any wheels I wanted, but I left the standard 17 inch Ixion on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.