Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I'm new in the forum, so please accept apologies for a messy question. Just recently placed order for D2 powershift Ocean Race and now wondering what was included..

It's difficult to find information of the difference between touring, dynamic and sports chassis. There is good thread here explaining avalable choices with R design but how is it with the other D2's

According to Volvo sales brochure D2 comes with 10 mm lowered "touring chassis".

Do you know how is this different from the 10 mm lowered sports chassis? And the dynamic chassis, which is said to be default with bigger engines.

Looking the pictures, the sports chassis feels to sit abit lower from rear compared to (suspected) touring chassis. Or is it just with my eyes..?

·
Registered
156 Posts
The sports chassis is lowered by 10mm. This I know. I have a D2 Powershift and it comes with the dynamic chassis, and this means that there are no visible exhausts at the back.

Apparently we get more boot space though!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I don't know what is meant by the "lowered touring" mentioned in the localized specs. Hope that it is something like the dynamic which is said to be stiff enough without being uncomfortable.

So hidden exhaust gives more boot space? Thats good. I also like the sleek outlook it gives to rear -matter of taste ofcourse :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would make sense. Some volvo site explained that it has more emphasis on comfort. So maybe compromise between softer springs and leaning (not sure if the word is correct). Or maybe the CO2 figure?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.