Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me an idea of actual fuel consumption for the D3 manual? Is it anywhere near the claimed figure?

·
Registered
718 Posts
According to the instruments I am getting around 49.5mpg over the first 4k miles. It is fairly close, but I haven't done a recent comparison with the actual fuel bought and the miles covered.
Given that most of my journeys are local, with not much long motorway work, I am reasonably content.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ive got the D4 manual which has done c.2.5k miles, on a 50 mile commute of 85% motorway (Inc M6 roadworks 50mph) and 15% A/B roads i have managed to pull an average of 62.8!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm averaging around 53/54mpg. That's with doing quite a bit of motorway driving at around 130km/h; i'm also not being that careful. Oddly though I drove a D4 as a courtesy car for a bit and got better figures.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm averaging around 53/54mpg. That's with doing quite a bit of motorway driving at around 130km/h; i'm also not being that careful. Oddly though I drove a D4 as a courtesy car for a bit and got better figures.
What mileage does your car have ? My wife's Mini and my previous two Skoda Octavias only gave really good figures once they had hit the 7-8k mark.

My D2 is currently giving me around 44mpg (powershift) but admittedly we are also playing around with the car a lot as we get used to driving it. Once we get over the newness and it starts to settle I reckon 55-60mpg is quite achievable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine has done 15k and I get 50mpg. I have to say I'm disappointed as my old s60 d5 (163) did the same. So, smaller lighter car, smaller engine, same feul ecom soooo disappointed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts