Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do my eyes deceive me? It appears Polestar have released a D3 upgrade:
http://www.polestar.com/en-gb-gb/models/v40-d3-fwd-manual-6-gear-2013/

On first inspection it looks like a boost to a D4. Think my local dealer charges £800 for a Polestar upgrade - a hefty price for modest power improvement. Anybody got estimates in the UK? Would have been better to see something nearer to the 200bhp mark. I guess they have to give you a reason to buy a D4 (assuming they will release a boost for a D4 to 200bhp).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Excellent! I was starting to wish I'd gone for the D4 rather than D3

That's also good value in the sense that it would have cost £1000 more to go for D4 rather than D3 + Polestar upgrade - hopefully it will be £800 (Or less)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I suppose they'd have to market slightly lower than the D4/D3 difference. Just a shame as I know they could get 200+bhp out of that engine. I have however driven a D4 as a courtesy car and the extra few horse powers do make a difference.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Wow, I see the D3 is also now available in South Africa, was always just the T4

·
Registered
945 Posts
Come on I want 200 form my D4, at least they are now doing the 5 pop oil burner so I should not have to wait too much longer.

The D4 does not seem to pull as well as the D£ at lower revs, but when it gets going 1700-2000 rpm.. it certianly goes (not T5 performance but good for an oil burner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts