Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its here!!

Done about 60 miles in it today, and im seriously impressed.
The build quality is right up there with anything Audi manufacture (i had a 2012 A4 before this).

It handles, stops and goes really well, and the cabin is phenominal (it helps with the full leather of course).

The dash is amazing.

One happy new Volvo owner here.

Excuse the rubbish I phone pics, i will get some proper ones up at some point.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Looking good. Enjoy the weekend

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Andy!

Off for a run to Windsor in it tomorrow, get some miles under it, and try and figure out the controls!

·
446 Posts
Nice external colour, inviting interior! Enjoy your car through the weekend! After quite four months, I still go for purposeless drives, just for the feel of it! :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Congratulations.. Great looking R/Design

Wish you many safe miles..

Love the blue dash color.. Hopefully this will be a update in the future.. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Beautiful car. It is hard waiting for something like this. Are the wheels 17" or 18"?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congratulations :D the car looks awesome; I must say, the seats look very comfy. I am envious:p

·
Registered
19 Posts
thanks for posting the pics. cant wait to get mine ! could you take a front pic with the drl`s on ? happy driving !

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks beautiful. Enjoy!!! I'm getting mine in two days time. It's going to very similar to yours. What options did you go for?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ordered both Ixion an Midir for my R-Design, so I do too think they are the best looking ones. Ixion 18" for summer tires, Midir 18" for winter tires. 2 months left waiting... Argh...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GlennTeg said:
Beautiful car. It is hard waiting for something like this. Are the wheels 17" or 18"?
They are the 17" variants[hr]
chrome said:
thanks for posting the pics. cant wait to get mine ! could you take a front pic with the drl`s on ? happy driving !
I'll give it a go tomorrow for sure!

[hr]
Rafiki said:
Looks beautiful. Enjoy!!! I'm getting mine in two days time. It's going to very similar to yours. What options did you go for?
Just the r design and lux package.

I must say, its really well equipped even with my two basic options.

383 miles since yesterday, and finding it enjoyable.

Build quality is stunning, performance and ride super smooth.
Handling is firm, but doesnt crash about etc.

The only negative i have, and this is really clutching at straws type stuff............behind the framless rear view mirror is the unit which holds the sensoring kit for the auto brake thing which senses you are going to hit another car.......that unit is massive and sometimes gets in the way of your vision.

The seats are mega, the steering is sharp, the glovebox really does keep you drinks cool.
Even the standard sound system is awesome.....so those who have upgraded really are in for concert sounding accoustics!

When you unlock it, the dash lights up and displays " r design" and does a full sweep etc.....awesome!

·
Registered
630 Posts
DLN said:
Its here!!
Looks nice. Registered in the Sheffield area I believe.[hr]
DLN said:
13 days in, and the mielage is now 1305 !
The first service for my first new car in the 1960s was at 500 miles. The carburettor was set at the factory to run rich so as to compensate for the tightness of the new engine, and the oil needed to be changed at 500 miles to get rid of any swarf. I collected the car on a Friday and drove 500 miles over the weekend just so that I could have it serviced and have the carburettor set properly on the Monday! How times have changed!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yellowbelly said:
DLN said:
Its here!!
Looks nice. Registered in the Sheffield area I believe.[hr]
DLN said:
13 days in, and the mielage is now 1305 !
The first service for my first new car in the 1960s was at 500 miles. The carburettor was set at the factory to run rich so as to compensate for the tightness of the new engine, and the oil needed to be changed at 500 miles to get rid of any swarf. I collected the car on a Friday and drive 500 miles over the weekend just so that I could have it serviced and have the carburettor set properly on the Monday! How times have changed!

You are correct, registered in Doncaster at Riverside.

I know what you mean about modern motoring, the vw passat I had 78, 000 from new, and didnt go through one set of pads!!! How mad is that!?

2035 miles in now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pegasus829 said:
What sort of fuel consumption are you seeing? Mine arrives 18th March and is also D3 R-Design so would be interested :)

unfortunately. no where near what Volvo have quoted :huh:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
16 Participants
VoodooBOB
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing