Volvo V40 Forums banner

D4 Geartronic R Design Nav to order on monday

6K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  almostgotone 
#1 ·
After much wrangling with the boss over my new company car, I have finally got the go ahead to order my new V40 D4 Geartronic R Design Nav :)

couldn't get the monthly budget to stretch for any more extras (had wanted rain and parking sensors) and have had to settle for non metallic (Ice White) but cannot wait to get confirmation Monday that all has been sorted!

its been two months in the sorting, and have almost forgotten about the test drive all those weeks ago, but hopefully I will be reminded just how great the new engine / gearbox combination is :)

Paul

#6 ·
Its not got xenon or any extra fitted, just the stock R Design - I am thinking of paying for the rain sensor out of my own pocket though (company car so wouldn't see the money back after 3 years though!)

Anyone got any view on the benefits of these or are they just a 'nice' thing to have?

#7 ·
nice to have, but hey, if you cannot use the wipers manually, you should not be driving a car.
My Skoda has em, and sure its convenient
My Celica doesn't, but interval wipers do the job just fine.
Wouldn't spend out of pocket for them, really wouldn't

#12 ·
Probably about right for delivery...welcome aboard to R-design land! Don't forget to sign up to "My Volvo" via the website and I'm fairly sure on there you can track the progress of your car through to arrival at Hull...or wherever Volvo's come in! Cheers

#13 ·
No idea why the extended wait, although it means it will be a 15 plate I guess!
Will look into the my Volvo thing in the new year , as the lease company are pretty shocking about providing any particular information. My current car missed two engine management updates because they couldn't locate the cars security pin details!!
Cheers all

Paul

#16 ·
well finally collected the car Friday lunchtime :) and drove the 200 miles or so back down south and loved every second of it!!

have now done aproximaltely 700 miles and averaging 45mpg with mostly brisk motorway / dual carriageway driving, so fairly happy eith that!!

i have a few things to learn and the control system via the central display isnt as intuitive as i thought it would be, but early days yet - i will upload some images next week, as i am away on business for the next few days!!

the seats are so comfortable compared to my previous vauxhall its unbelievable, and the power from the D4 is great, aong with a nice throaty roar when you press on a little :)

Paul....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.