Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
After debating for about 2 months i decided to go with the V40. Order was placed two weeks ago in the following spec:
Manual, passion red, winter illumination pack, 18" ixions, auto dim rear view mirror, rear park assist, tinted windows, auto wipers. It was a toss up between a 120d M-Sport and the new mazda 6 but the v40 just drew me in, and less face it the 1 series is pig ugly!
Have been told it is going into build this week, does anybody know time if delivery from this date as i havent been told yet!
Havent seen any on the road at all yet just 1 white D2 base model :-(
Regards
Chris

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Lloydy. Congratulations on your order. I ordered mine 11th Nov and it arrived at the dealers this Monday. I collect it March 1st. Around 12 weeks to the dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kidu said:
Just send the dealer a email ;) It took three weeks from mine was built untill I got it.
Blimey, 3 weeks would be great but im guessing it may be a bit longer:-( [hr]
louisdoberman said:
Hi Lloydy. Congratulations on your order. I ordered mine 11th Nov and it arrived at the dealers this Monday. I collect it March 1st. Around 12 weeks to the dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I hope its a bit quicker than 12wks, im so impatient and like a kid at christmas!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been told today i should get my v40 end of march, not bad considering I only ordered last week!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yellowbelly said:
Lloydy said:
Been told today i should get my v40 end of march, not bad considering I only ordered last week!
Manufacturing time probably depends to an extent on how many options you specify.
Not a massive spec but a few options, im still impressed given my mate has ordered the new AMG A-Class at the same time and due mid June!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Passion red seems to be popular(not too much I hope) there are 2 besides mine on our estate!! they are base models and the lack of chrome around the side windows and 16" wheels really is a downer!!
The good news is that this red can really take quite a bit of road dirt without looking too shabby -unlike a strange biege/gold coloured V40 I was behind the other day.
Hope you are pleased your imminent acquisition.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine's passion red too - I think the bright colour has offset my inbuilt "boxy estate" view of Volvos.

Funnily enough I was choosing between the V40 and the Mazda 6 too, but they were just out of budget for the spec I wanted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My luck isn't going well, was supposed to have taken delivery end of march, asked twice now for a delivery date and no response :'(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like the black grille of the R Design better than the chrome horizontal strips. the suede/leather interior goes back to the 850R days and is nice but not sure if there is an all leather option. The R Design sills also look good.
------------------
2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
mark2586
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing