Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
V40 T2 2018 Automatic R-Design Pro
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am unable to make DAB receive any stations. As I understand there is no manual tuning and stations will appear automatically. I know for fact, there is plenty digital stations I my area as my other car is working fine. FM radio works fine which suggest that aerial is connected and working fine (apparently FM antenna is used to receive DAB).

Called local Volvo dealer, they don’t know of any issues with DAB (forum users already stated that Volvo is aware of this problem) , and suggest replacing radio (over the phone) ??.

Below is a photo of the DAB module in my car. Will be grateful for any advice how to resolve this problem. Hopefully there is a fix for this.

My car still have guarantee till 30 Mar 2021 but I am not sure if this is covered by it, especially when dealer say they not aware of a problem ?

Regards to All
DAB_radio_module.jpg

·
Registered
197 Posts
Please don't be offended by this question. Have you selected the DAB option in your radio settings?
From the infotainment unit. Select Radio, then select the DAB option from the drop down list.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please don't be offended by this question. Have you selected the DAB option in your radio settings?
From the infotainment unit. Select Radio, then select the DAB option from the drop down list.
Yes, I did all that including selecting and deselecting filters. I understand this radio does not have option to scan for DAB stations manually?
I would rather avoid been taken for a ride by the local dealer.
Head office Volvo said to me today this probably will not be covered by manufacture guarantee ?? :mad:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a thought... is the V40 DAB +. My home unit has stopped receiving many stations due to them switching broadcast to DAB+
Good point, have to do some more research about this DAB module. But still, it should be able to see at least something.
My Other car is from 2016 a d is working fine. One would expect 2018 Volvo would have updated hardware.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I found this on a different forum.

No idea what it means.

Programming of channel groups creates an updated list of all available channel groups. The list is not updated automatically.
Programming is carried out in the menu sys- tem in DAB mode under DAB menu
Ensemble learn. Programming can also take place as follows:
1. Turn TUNE one step in either direction.
Ensemble learn is shown in the list of
available channel groups.
2. Press OK/MENU.
New programming is started.
Programming can be cancelled with EXIT. Related information
• Digital radio* (DAB) (p. 40)
• Navigation in channel group list (Ensem- ble) (p. 41)
Navigation in channel group list (Ensemble)
Navigation in the channel group list (Ensem- ble) for digital radio (DAB).
To navigate in and access the channel group list turn TUNE. The name of the Ensemble is shown in the upper part of the display screen. When switching to the new Ensemble the name changes to the new one.
• Service - Shows channels irrespective of the channel group to which they are allo- cated. The list can also be filtered using the selection of programme type (PTY filtering), see Radio programme types (PTY) (p. 37).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Programming is carried out in the menu sys- tem in DAB mode under DAB menu
Unfortunately I don’t have this option in my menu.

Ensemble learn. Programming can also take place as follows:
1. Turn TUNE one step in either direction.
When I do this I get message “Service not available” ☹

Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having a similar issue with my S60 DAB, I cant even get on the DAB menu.

When I click on Radio on the central console and go on DAB 1 or DAB 2, nothing comes up on the main screen at all. It just put me back into FM mode after a few seconds.

Does anyone have any idea how this could be fixed?

cheers in advance all.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've just checked mine (with working DAB) and I can't find this DAB menu pictured. If I go back to the highest level on the display I get options to select various functions including RADIO. If I 'OK' this I get a list to select which is AM/FM/DAB. A further 'OK' on DAB brings up the last DAB Station. If I then rotate the 'Tuning' it gets me my DAB Stations with the Pre Sets at the top of the list as in the previous advice on tuning. How do you bring up the pictured menu?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem solved 😊
I have looked closely one more time in to the DAB module. Aerial plug was fitted ok in to the module but cable itself was suspiciously exposed, when I pulled it gently, it came out.
I have soldered cable with a plug. Hey presto all is good, all DAB stations play nicely now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm having a similar issue with my S60 DAB, I cant even get on the DAB menu.

When I click on Radio on the central console and go on DAB 1 or DAB 2, nothing comes up on the main screen at all. It just put me back into FM mode after a few seconds.
I have simulated similar behaviour when trying to diagnose my problem, by disconnecting power supply from DAB module.
Try to remove from a module power supply plug and if you don’t notice any changes it means that your DAB module is faulty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts