Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a dashcam with parking mode. So I need a constant 12v. Does someone know which fuse I can duplicate under the gloves box? Is there here a permanent 12v?
Or do I need find one under the passenger seat?
Thank you very much for your advices

·
Registered
2017 R Design D2
405 Posts
take it straight from the battery with a separate fuse. avoids the canbus issues. or under the seat you find the trailer wiring fuse...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much!
Maybe under the seat so. I don't know how to access straight to the main battery 😕. Is there a explanation somewhere?
And my car is still under warranty

·
Registered
2017 R Design D2
405 Posts
you can get to the engine bay from behind the glovebox. (remove it for clear access) some will say to avoid a constant feed due to the battery monitor system, local installers come straight off the battery with a small waterproof in line fuse:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is on the left hand drive car. This is the space behind the glovebox. It is actually not necessary to remove the glovebox, as is on the photo. Look at this gray socket below glovebox with two wires to it(pointed by the purple arrow). This socket powers the internal electrical climate fan. It has there a permanent power supply.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi bilin95,

I'm using a dashcam in my V40 MY18 and I installed an OBD2 cable for that. It delivers 5V and it has a switch to select continuous or timed power.
I'm looking for a new dashcam with parking mode.
May I ask which dashcam you are using?

Cheers,

-Ton.

Hello,
I have a dashcam with parking mode. So I need a constant 12v. Does someone know which fuse I can duplicate under the gloves box? Is there here a permanent 12v?
Or do I need find one under the passenger seat?
Thank you very much for your advices

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi aham
Eventually I installed my dash with fuses under the glove box.
My problem was the dashcam and not the wiring..
Mine is the Thinkware q800pro.
I bought it because of its "live view" mode and its "parking mode".
But after 2 months, the support told me that "live view" can't run when car is parked ... Only when the car is on . Only the u1000 model can do this.
Nothing said that in description of the q800pro device. I'm very angry against Thinkware..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts