Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was reading some recent posts and it got me thinking. What is the one factor about the V40 that made you place the order and is that factor different to the one that lured you to looking at it in the first place?
I mean volvo is meant to be famous for safety I wonder if thats still high up on peoples lists? Was it one feature in particular?
Im not doing a poll as I dont want to limit the answers.

·
Registered
85 Posts
In my case I was set on getting a Citroen DS4. Then the R Design became available to me. The style and comfort were the deciding factors. I had looked at the Cross Country before but it didn't grab me. I like a car that when I park it up I have just got to look back at it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've had a few volvos and safety is a given but the V40 is just the prettiest production car around.

She grumbles a bit and rides hard but she always looks so damned good!

·
Registered
78 Posts
1.Safety
2. Style
3. Performance
4. Hopefully more reliable than other European cars we have had, Mercedes, VW.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Decent power (on paper as could not get a test drive in a d4)

Good driving position

Good spec

Low-ish company car tax

It is a bit different

Possibility of 200bhp from a oil burner if polestar pull their finger out

·
Registered
153 Posts
In my case I was set on getting a Citroen DS4. Then the R Design became available to me. The style and comfort were the deciding factors. I had looked at the Cross Country before but it didn't grab me. I like a car that when I park it up I have just got to look back at it.
Pretty much the same here. Was almost set on getting the DS4, till I saw the ad on the papers for the V40CC and decided to pop down at the local Volvo showroom. And then the R-Design caught my eye... :blush:

The other car I was considering was the Alfa Guiletta.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The main thing for me is its looks. Most buyers around my parts, would rather get a regular sedan for similar $. Was plesently surprised at the test-drive too, cos tbh I didn't have high expections before that.

Even till now, it's relatively rare here. V40CC is more common, by at least a factor of 4:1, based on my personal anecdotal encounters on the roads.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1) sexy as **** (Merc A class is sexy too)
2) a sub 7 seconds car that is cheaper than Golf GTi (at least in my country). not to mention it loaded with more features too
3) it comes with 5 yr unlimited mileage warranty + 5 yr 100,000km free service

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Look of the car

Nicely designed interior, and materials I liked

Also what you got for the price of the car compared to other German cars

·
Registered
132 Posts
Looks all the way for me. Already have an xc70 but needed to replace old a3.
Walked into dealer and fell in love with show room model. Went back twice in one day then continued to go back for 6 months until he would give me a deal. It is such a gorgeous car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks great, love the interior too. Fell in love with it when I saw the Rebel Blue R design in the showroom, there was no other car for me!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
For me it was
1) Style - best looking exterior and interior in class and the R-design wheels are amoung the best in any class (easy to clean too).
2) X-factor - It's an unusual choice as there are not many around which is a big plus to me in a sea of golfs.
3) The T5 engine is amazing. Great performance and we are getting 8.1ltrs/100km after 10,000kms.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Great performance and we are getting 8.1ltrs/100km after 10,000kms.
That's less than 35 miles to the gallon! Blimey!

Not a deciding factor but I have to say that the front windscreen de-icer is a fantastic boon! Only used about 6 times this winter but I have not had to scrape once!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Also love the front de-icer windscreen first car with it , My friends 59 plate Focus St has it so a thing that he swears by.
as to MPG my old C30 D3 gave 40 to 45 MPG, and the 2 fill ups in the D4 so far have given me just over 40mpg, I do 25 mile trips to work on dual carriage ways and 50mph A roads with quite a few roundabouts thrown in, hope MPG improves as engine beds in.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.