Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Delivery date has been put back from April 1st to May 7th as my V40 R Design will be part of new model run….:s

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hmmmmm, good or bad ?
My car was scheduled for delivery on 26th March but the dealer let slip that the car was on UK soil a month earlier. When my current car was written off in the recent floods I contacted the dealer and they pulled out all the stops and delivered it on the 6th March :thumbup:. When I looked at the battery it was only manufactured in mid Feb so Volvo have a pretty slick/efficient production line.

Do you know what the difference is between the new and old model run ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Difference is…...

Hmmmmm, good or bad ?
My car was scheduled for delivery on 26th March but the dealer let slip that the car was on UK soil a month earlier. When my current car was written off in the recent floods I contacted the dealer and they pulled out all the stops and delivered it on the 6th March :thumbup:. When I looked at the battery it was only manufactured in mid Feb so Volvo have a pretty slick/efficient production line.

Do you know what the difference is between the new and old model run ?
I think it's this - (I hope so anyway)

For the 2014 model year, the V40 and V40 R-Design are also offered with a new variant of the 1.6-liter four-cylinder direct-injected petrol engine rated for 120PS (118hp) and 240Nm (128 lb-ft), which returns a combined fuel economy of 53.3mpg UK (44.4mpg US or 5.3 lt/100km) with CO2 emissions of 124g/km.

Finally, Volvo has presented a new Sensus Connected Touch infotainment system that comes with a 7-inch display, which it says, can be used even when wearing gloves, and allows the user to have access to full Internet browsing (except when driving. Other services include internet radio, internet streaming of music, on-line Google Map and Search, Embedded Connected 3D navigation with online traffic info and dangerous zone warnings, voice-activated Spotify and more.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hmmm interesting as I placed my R design D2 with winter pack on order 5 weeks ago - I wonder if mine will be 2014?? and although have not ordered the sat nav system I wonder what else maybe added??

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think it's this - (I hope so anyway)

For the 2014 model year, the V40 and V40 R-Design are also offered with a new variant of the 1.6-liter four-cylinder direct-injected petrol engine rated for 120PS (118hp) and 240Nm (128 lb-ft), which returns a combined fuel economy of 53.3mpg UK (44.4mpg US or 5.3 lt/100km) with CO2 emissions of 124g/km.

Finally, Volvo has presented a new Sensus Connected Touch infotainment system that comes with a 7-inch display, which it says, can be used even when wearing gloves, and allows the user to have access to full Internet browsing (except when driving. Other services include internet radio, internet streaming of music, on-line Google Map and Search, Embedded Connected 3D navigation with online traffic info and dangerous zone warnings, voice-activated Spotify and more.
Unfortunately this isn't anything new announced for 2014 - Both were in press releases for MY14s about May/June last year. The SCT infotainment system is a £900/1200 option and if I recall correctly it came to the UK market about last October. If Volvo stick to the same anniversary we should expect to see MY15 details announced in the next month or 2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.