Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard from my dealer. Car was due September but due to production problems with panoramic glass roof put back to sometime in December, very disappointing. Still, ok for Christmas......hopefully!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Waiting sucks... Boooo

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's a real shame. Any indication whether it's shortages of the glass or actual construction issues?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Harfin said:
That's a real shame. Any indication whether it's shortages of the glass or actual construction issues?
Hi, no further information - I've had enough of leaky cars though!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Luckily it's consistent in different countries... Here the cars with panoramic roofs are delayed pretty badly..

·
Registered
11 Posts
That would be why my order is getting pushed back. Ordered in July for end of September / first week of October, now being told end of December.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered my car in july and it is supplied on the second in november and i have a panoramic roof. But i ordered my car in the Netherlands, not in the Uk. Maybe, that's different.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The waiting is already challenging enough. But one thing is for sure, that panorama roof is going to be such an awesome part of your driving experience each time your in that car. I'm very jealous !!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I hear there is a manufacturing problem with the roof, wether this is just supply or a technical issue I'm not sure. i got the impression it may be the latter.

I ordered my car 4 weeks ago, was told it would arrive December and indeed it is already in the UK and on its way to the dealer. If I'd ordered it with the roof I was told they'd not be able to give me a delivery date.

Be patient, it is dark outside anyway!

Bruce

1 - 11 of 11 Posts