Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I am a future owner (hopefully) and I have some questions to the owners (and future owners who are knowledge )

1. Is the Active TFT dials optional not standard? i thought it only comes with those, what are the advantages of either one? (Active TFT vs Regular) besides the color changes ability? any reliability/ accuracy issues with the digital dials?

2. Any titanium gray owners? would love to see live pics of a titanium gray v40.

3. How is the wind noise up to 120 Km/h - 160 Km/h?

4. Are the seats ventilated? (not just heated, but cooling seats also?)

·
Registered
101 Posts
arkan said:
1. Is the Active TFT dials optional not standard? i thought it only comes with those, what are the advantages of either one? (Active TFT vs Regular) besides the color changes ability? any reliability/ accuracy issues with the digital dials?
Unfortunately, no. I've gone for it, and really like it, but I don't think there is any extra information showed that aren't in the 'regular' display. Don't know how the cruise control is set in the regular, in the TFT it changes a part of the screen and let you set your speeed.

Yesterday I was driving 120 - 140 in rain and lots of wind from the side, at 130 there were wind/rain noise, but not so much that you could not hear the radio playing (it was playing softly, my daughter and girlfriend were sleeping at the same time). I haven't driven faster that 140 yet :)

I don't know actually. I have only used the heating-function, but I can let you know when summer comes :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
arkan said:
Hi there

I am a future owner (hopefully) and I have some questions to the owners (and future owners who are knowledge )

2. Any titanium gray owners? would love to see live pics of a titanium gray v40.

1. Optional. My standard dials can be dimmed to a lower light intensity. If you like large tachometers you will be dissapointed with standard dials, as it is quite small, in TFT you can choose a gigantic tachometer. It's just a question of personal perefences - I prefer normal dials as one of a few. As most people prefer TFT, it will be probably easier to sell with TFT than without.

2. Mine is Ice White, but titanium grey looks nice as well.

3. At 120 it is very limited, at 160 it is noticeable, especially around the mirrors, but it's not bothersome for me.

4. No

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx!

its a bummer that it doesnt have ventilated seats like s80, ... it would have been a very nice feature to have during the hot summer.

how is the stability of the car during high speeds? (>120 Km / h) .. i have driven some korean cars and it gets a little bit scary around 140 Km / h where i could feel the speed inside, while in german cars you feel like completely saperated from the outside world, how is the volvo v40 compared to those kind of cars in terms of road stability?

·
Registered
214 Posts
The V40 is very stable at high speeds drove a while 190 km/u on the German Autobahn.. :)

You can drive with these speeds very comfortable and relaxed.. (if you got free road)..
Got sport suspension under my V40 so no idea with normal suspensions.

·
Registered
108 Posts
No problem at all with the higher speeds.. Doing 150 / 160 km/h on a regular base and that just drives as if you are driving 100 km/h..
Just quicker ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
arkan
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing