Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a d2 v40 2014 which I’ve tried to put in some diesel from a 5 litre Jerry can but the nozzle isn’t long enough as it has a two flap safety system there are no alternatives that I can see online or in Halfords how would you fill your car up if you ran out of diesel ?sureky there must be a way as it just leaks out as it’s not opening the second flap further in which the patrol pump does etc heeeelllppppp

·
Registered
699 Posts
Isn't there an adapter of some sort in the spare wheel well? I vaguely record reading about such a device to cure exactly that problem....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes there should be a filler nozzle in the boot along side your spare wheel / puncture foam
It is made from black plastic and fits into fuel pipe first then fill from fuel can

·
Registered
18 Posts
There's an official funnel accessory that you need to use to open the two flaps before you can put an ordinary nozzle in.

Mine was missing, but I managed to get a replacement from eBay. The dealers should also hopefully have them in stock too.

If you search for 'volvo fuel funnel' it will bring up the part you need. Mine was around £7 including postage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got one from Volvo £6.50 don’t know why I didn’t think of that much appreciated!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts