Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm currently looking for a used V40 CC. I'm wondering where I can find the information regarding the difference between each model years. I believe apart from the engine choices or the new version of the NAV, the latest model came with a face-lift. However, are there any difference between MY2015 and MY2014 or other years? Like additional 'assists' function or different headlight.

Thanks!

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm sure someone will be a hive of information with regard to different bits added but in the case of Volvo, the my 15 had bits removed, my 14 was probably the model that still had the majority of original parts as fitted to the first v40 sold in the uk, the main design parts such as headlights remained the same till my 17 it was things like the ice box function of the glove box seat pocket's badges the famous seat runner end cover and boot light, the lighted gear knob and so on that were removed the one thing added to the my 15 was the tyre pressure monitors which depending on your take good, or in my case total rubbish but that's a long story well covered,
I would say look for the best equipped cc you can find more so an ex Volvo managers car as they are the one most loaded including the sill runners and rear twin exhausts which would have set you back £1000 extra new, good luck in finding the car. and enjoy a great motor.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
egb's got most of it covered - the big change was between MY14 and MY14.5, when the cost reduction programme was implemented and lots of small things got chipped off the spec list. The new version of Sensus (Sensus Connect) came in at that point too, which allowed the USB map updates for the Nav application from the start (though there is a paid-for software update for the older Sensus version to allow USB updates in place of the DVDs).

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't know about other years but my MY17 car has the seat runner plastic caps. No cooled glovebox or aux port though and only one light in the boot.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I don't know about other years but my MY17 car has the seat runner plastic caps. No cooled glovebox or aux port though and only one light in the boot.
They were deleted in the MY14.5 cost reduction programme:
R Design grille and seat badging
Pocket in the front of the front seats
Inner seat rail front end caps
Original 'floating' illuminated gearknob changed for cheaper backlit version
Cooled glovebox
Grab handle above driver's door
RHS boot light (on cars with the additional interior lighting option)
One rear fog light (LHS or RHS depending on the market)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone for the answers.

It looks like I should be fine with any MY. I was more worried about those assist sensor or if I'm going to lose any function if I were to pick an earlier model.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm not aware that there has been any downgrades of the tech, Buzby's listed everything that I was aware had been changed. We have a very early MY15, the one other thing that appeared to change then (it could have changed with MY14.5) is that if you have xenon headlights the front LED DRL's remain on when the headlights are on (DRL's get dimmed). Prior to this they would switch off. I can't remember if this also applied to the base R-Design model which had LED DRLs and halogen headlights.

Interestingly ours still got the cooled glove box and the drivers grab handle so I think these were phased out at around the time of the model changes rather than being immediately cut off when the model year changed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Interestingly ours still got the cooled glove box and the drivers grab handle so I think these were phased out at around the time of the model changes rather than being immediately cut off when the model year changed.
Agreed - my very early MY15 also has the grab handle and cooled glove box. I also wonder if later models post facelift also had even more removed.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I'm not aware that there has been any downgrades of the tech, Buzby's listed everything that I was aware had been changed. We have a very early MY15, the one other thing that appeared to change then (it could have changed with MY14.5) is that if you have xenon headlights the front LED DRL's remain on when the headlights are on (DRL's get dimmed). Prior to this they would switch off. I can't remember if this also applied to the base R-Design model which had LED DRLs and halogen headlights.

The dual-brightness LED DRLs are only fitted to cars with Xenon headlights. Their introduction also included the 'Lighting logic upgrade' optional software download (which keeps the tail lights on, and the 'Auto' LED on the headlight switch permanently on) as standard on cars with Xenon lights.

The cooled glovebox and grab handle deletion seem to be a gradual process between MY14.5 and MY15 - almost like they had existing stocks or a supplier's contract for the parts and so they were fitted until stock ran out or the contract expired.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Strange but true....

For the last 3 cars I have bought, the "cooled glovebox" was a feature that used to exist and no longer does. I suspect someone is watching me !

·
Registered
2017 R Design D2
405 Posts
The cooled glovebox and grab handle deletion seem to be a gradual process between MY14.5 and MY15 -
Does anyone know if the earlier cooled glovebox can be fitted to a later car? On the old Astra's for example, you simply needed the valve to fit the glovebox and a connector as the A/C pipe ran at the side of the box

1 - 11 of 11 Posts