Volvo V40 Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I always wash mine myself......just the effort of driving down to the Eastern Europeans to get a wash makes it not worth while...and at least if I do it myself I know I've done a good job, and like the OP, I find it quite Therapeutic 0:)

Had my V40 all of 6 hours, and its been hoovered out, washed, polished, tyre wall dressing applied, tyre pressures checked....and then I found it didn't have a dipstick... but I digress ....:surprise:
Ah the dipstick. Or lack of. Such foolishness!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ah the dipstick. Or lack of. Such foolishness!
reckon I need to visit a Volvo dealer while its still under warranty..engine off and key on position 2.. toggle to oil level and nothing happens, just says oil level.

so I can't check it :frown2:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've always hand washed mine (maybe 6 times in 3 years). I recently used my pressure washer for the first time and managed get some debris into one of the rear parking sensors. I had to peel off the skin and then re-colour it black with marker pen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
She got a wash today! With the rubbish weather in the UK at the moment it only takes a couple days to get dirty again! So its getting a wash almost every weekend at the moment.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Our local bus company has a great soft car wash, where you sit inside and your car is pulled through the various wash stages on a rail and deposited at the end. Great fun, and it does a great job. I occasionally wash mine, but the soft car wash is my preferred way.

·
Registered
256 Posts
For the outside, I use the hand carwash nearby for £6 and the other times I use the 'American Carwash' who claim they use Autoglym products with the correct wheel cleaner for diamond cut rims for £10. The insides I just use my Dyson V6 vacumn, with white loin cloth and clean water to wipe the steering wheel, dash etc.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I do my wheels with dishwashing detergent. They stay much cleaner that way, withouth that layer of wax they get when I use "special" products.
Yes, I have a large collection of maquiar products, but this works best for me. I don't use it on the paint car paint to be clear.

@KXL, special product for diamond cut wheels, sounds like marketing to me. Its just clear lacker thats on top of each rim, also diamond cut ones.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts