Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I collected my d2, the salesman showed me how to remove the key from the central locking fob and said I can use the key to get in the car if my central locking isnt working due to a flat battery etc. I don't appear to have a lock though on any door for a key to go in. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
46 Posts
When I collected my d2, the salesman showed me how to remove the key from the central locking fob and said I can use the key to get in the car if my central locking isnt working due to a flat battery etc. I don't appear to have a lock though on any door for a key to go in. Am I missing something?
There is a plate on the handle, the part that doesn't pull outwards which clips off and there is a keyhole underneath. I will see if I can take a picture for you when I get home.

Reactions: I Roll

·
Registered
14 Posts
Key blade entry

Hi

The key blade entry system is built into the left hand door handle, You have to insert the narrow part of the blade into the hole situated on the underside of the handle, this pops the plastic cover off, allowing you to see the lock.

The manual warns against pulling the cover off, the actual key releases the plastic cover.

Lots of information plus diagram on page 54 of the PDF version of the manual, as usual you have to read 3 or 4 separate pages until you track down the useful one.

If you have the pdf version use the "find" option and search for key blade.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I personally think this type of work should be left to pro's contact either a Locksmith or better to a dealer.
what an unhelpful reply!
Go to your left hand front door handle. Under the fixed part you will find a small slot. Insert the key blade into the slot. It goes in vertically up. It's covered on p172 of the manual, although the pictures are not helpful.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
what an unhelpful reply!
It's spambot - there are a number of accounts that have been created on this forum that seem to be targeting threads relating to locks to advertise locksmith services. The 'jack smith' account usually ends up posting an advert to some locksmith or other (it was one in Evanston Illinois earlier in the week).

Does this forum have any moderators who can ban these accounts?

·
Registered
718 Posts
I've complained about those type of accounts before, to no effect. The site is run by an organisation in the US. There is no moderation when registering, so it is relatively to set up one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.