Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

thought you guys might be interested to see what the malaysian "Experts" have to say about our beloved v40 :)

this is a review involving the v40 vs merc 250 sport vs bmw 125i and the Golf Gti mk7

share your thoughts!

enjoy

·
Registered
44 Posts
Would have been more interesting to view a ' real life 'comparison such as those comparing all models with, say, the 1.6 litre diesel engines, seems the V40 always comes out on top in those ! but interesting non the less

·
Registered
273 Posts
Great post...always interesting to watch reviews of the V40 a year down the road!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I am just wondering if the new Golf Gti 7 and even 6 owners are also having issues with their cars like some of us Volvo drivers have, noisy manual gearbox, dipped beam not shining far enough, door rattles, engine/suspension rattles on uneven road surfaces, paint peeling

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Mines now one year down the road with 20,000 miles clocked up. It's as good as new. No rattles. Sounds as sweet as the day I got it. Engine running great. Indeed I can't believe the car has done 20k.

There will always be some folk that have problems unfortunately. There will be a minority of golf drivers with issues too.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I did wonder how different the review would have been if the test was here in the UK and the V40 in question was a little more tasty to take the fight to the Golf i.e. a T5 and which to be fair hasn't been fettled over the last "many" years like the Golf!?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.