Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 V40 R design D2
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My V40 has just developed the dreaded knocking noise from around the B pillar area two months out of warranty.. I’ve tried some of the suggestions online but can’t sort it!

It only happens when you’re going over rough ground or turning.

I’ve tried..
  1. Spraying plenty of grease into the drivers side door lock and striker
  2. Applying felt tape to the clips on the inside of the drivers door card & B pillar
Also tried to adjust the position of the striker plate, but doesn’t look like it adjusts? (When I undo the two torx screws it wouldn’t move)

I read that there was a technical journal for this but can’t find it online, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated
:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all,

My V40 has just developed the dreaded knocking noise from around the B pillar area two months out of warranty.. I’ve tried some of the suggestions online but can’t sort it!

It only happens when you’re going over rough ground or turning.

I’ve tried..
  1. Spraying plenty of grease into the drivers side door lock and striker
  2. Applying felt tape to the clips on the inside of the drivers door card & B pillar
Also tried to adjust the position of the striker plate, but doesn’t look like it adjusts? (When I undo the two torx screws it wouldn’t move)

I read that there was a technical journal for this but can’t find it online, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated
:)
Just checking you're sure it's coming from the b pillar? I recently posted about a knocking noise from the driver's door and that turned out to be the wiring loom which was loose. Luckily it's accessible "just" by removing the door card and the speaker. If it required removing the panel behind the door card then I'd have given up.

·
Registered
2017 V40 R design D2
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure, sounds like its level with my right ear, but may be travelling from somewhere else :( I taped up all of the looms in between the door card and the metal plate that bolts onto the door, but didn’t think of the ones behind that plate. Will have another look, cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts