Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a cc T4 2014. Have done till now 140k miles. From your experience is it wise to continue owning the car? Last year I hade some mechanical issues. I am afraid they will become greater and more frequent.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Personally, I'm a fan of basically running a car into the ground. It's usually cheaper than regularly changing. This may explain why, in over 50 years of driving, I've owned only 4 cars, the V40 being the fourth. The previous car, an Opel Astra, lasted 20 years and covered 346,000Km (215,000 miles) - and I only gave that up because the rust was too far advanced. I like the V40, and I hope to keep it for a long time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks tones. An interesting point of view. I read once a book in it mans age was counted not by years but by how many horses he had in his lifetime.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It all depends on what the small mechanical problems are. If they are worn things that does need replacing and the new parts would last another couple of years, then I would say keep it. If you are uncovering problem after problem, then perhaps get rid of it. Quite a long time ago, my dad had a Volvo 240, that had over 250k miles on the clock, and it was still running well before it was sold at 10 years (company policy) likewise in the early 2000s, had a 850, that needed 2 clutches in 3 years, but it was a city and heavy traffic type car..At present your car is 6 years old, i wouldn't really say it's an old car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts