Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a owner of a V40 T2 2018 model. Car is 17 months old, and has about 20.000 km.

Two days ago, I had to call road assistance due to a kind of electric (electronic?) issue.

When I tried to start the engine, all the lights, instrument panel, LCD screen,... everything switched off. You may think: is the battery; the guy from the tow-truck used a portable battery to start the car again, and it worked. He advised me for driving for one hour, for changing it, and I did so. When arrived home and turned the car of, something off happened, everything went back again, abruptly, including ambience lights, LCD screen, instruments panel... everything.

As suspected, I was nor possible to turn the car on again, and had to call road assistance once again.

Right now the car is at the workshop, and I'm waiting for feedback from them.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've had that before - it was a flat battery Whilst the battery was almost flat the car refused to start on it's own, every warning light came on along with multiple warning s that city safe, abs, active lights had all failed. The digital display started to show a test pattern before the screen went off I had to use a booster pack to start it. Once the battery was fully charged the problem went away. I took it for a 200 mile drive and the issue went away

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sometimes the battery has a short circuit inside or a break in the structure. This is most likely to show up when very hot or very cold. So, for instance, turning off at a motorway services with a full perfect battery it will manifest itself as completely flat when you return to the car. Either way it needs a new battery.
But also you should not forget that the system is a circuit and a poor earth causes exactly the same issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts