Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i returned to my car after 7hours and the engine was running, light was on. maybe i removed the key without stopping the engine? is it normal?

·
Registered
70 Posts
You do not need to insert the key as the car will run without the key in the slot, it has keyless drive. When you stop though, you do need to press the 'start/stop' button to switch the engine off because of this. Once you unlock the car, as long as the key is within the car(in your pocket etc), the car will start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
V40 D3 R-Design Lux. Rebel Blue, Auto Dim Mirror, Memory seats/mirrors, Lux winter pack, DAB radio, Rear Camera, Privacy Glass, Floor divider.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Something wrong there. Engine should stop when you open the drivers door.

·
Registered
718 Posts
As I can't seem to edit my post, I'll put an update here.

D3 Start/Stop

1 With engine stopped by start/stop, I can open driver's door, and ignition goes off. I can then leave the car and lock it.

2 With engine still running, when I open the driver's door, engine remains running, but I cannot lock the car. To lock the car I have to switch off.

In both cases the key is in my pocket.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I may be wrong, but I would have expected the start/stop function to have stopped the engine after only a relatively short time.
thats what i thought maybe start/stop was disabled ?

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm guessing the car was left unlocked as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts