Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After listening to MMM on Tim Ferriss' podcast last week, I was reminded of the fact that an espresso machine is a thing you can actually have at home. I did a quick search of the forum for any recommendations and only found one for Saeco machines, and it looks like all of their more affordable models are discontinued. Any one have a recommendation for espresso machines? Not sure what's realistic for price range, but probably don't want to spend more than $200.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have manual coffee grinder ready to suffer with the selection of grinding coffee to get close to the desired (as in a coffeehouse). I need to buy espresso maker regardless of my personal taste - there are parents that live with me and they asked me to buy. They are not much of coffee lovers, so it will not succeed to convince them to buy expensive one...But we may try something middle-cost. Looking for advices.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My advice is find a coffee machine forum rather than a car forum!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Coffee is how most people in the United States .
Coffee is how most people in the United States what?.......

Why would people outside the USA care what Americans use coffee for? Bear in mind this is a car forum (for a car not sold in the USA) not a coffee machine forum.... go and bother someone else

·
Registered
7 Posts
Why shouldn't people talk about coffee machines here? I saw a car coffee maker which will make coffee directly in your car. Like the Wacaco Minipresso GR. Would this be good for a car forum? Let me remember you that this is the lounge section, where people are free to talk about whatever they want. Coffee is a discussion starter. Both on forums and in real life. When I meet new persons, with which I love to interact, I take them to my house for a cup or two of coffee. I have a 3 group coffee machine which was intended for commercial usage but it fits well in my kitchen also. I believe that the equipment built for business is better than the one for families. I got it from Ian Boer - the commercial benchtop equipment section.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Because this forum is for " discussion of Volvo company news and for discussion of other Volvo cars." So please go elsewhere.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Because this forum is for " discussion of Volvo company news and for discussion of other Volvo cars." So please go elsewhere.
There is an "Off Topic" section, which notably has no posts...….
That's presumably where such discussions should be located?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts