Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help! I'm currently getting every error message you can think of: engine coolant, air bags, check engine, pedestrian protection, power steering, literally one after the other, immobiliser keeps kicking in so I can't start, when I do get it started it drives but power steering goes and I don't seem.to have my indicators.....I'm.guessing it's one fault causing all of these but no idea where to even start!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Under the carpet where your heel of your accelerator pedal foot is.

There's a connector with about 6 wires in. Can bus. Connector was part of a fix because of the metals, volvo did have a modified part number.

But to fix, unplug, give a good clean and reconnect.

I had the same problem for over 6 months, replaced quite a few things (Batteries etc) and it was all down to this connector.

Cleaned it, and 3 years later problem has not reoccurred.

Pictures to follow.

Can't find the picture, but it's the smaller connector with about 6 wires, not the larger one that's around the area.

Reactions: MariaA1983

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Under the carpet where your heel of your accelerator pedal foot is.

There's a connector with about 6 wires in. Can bus. Connector was part of a fix because of the metals, volvo did have a modified part number.

But to fix, unplug, give a good clean and reconnect.

I had the same problem for over 6 months, replaced quite a few things (Batteries etc) and it was all down to this connector.

Cleaned it, and 3 years later problem has not reoccurred.

Pictures to follow.

Can't find the picture, but it's the smaller connector with about 6 wires, not the larger one that's around the area.
That's great! Thabk you, I'll take a look today and give it a try, fingers crossed it works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please help! I'm currently getting every error message you can think of: engine coolant, air bags, check engine, pedestrian protection, power steering, literally one after the other, immobiliser keeps kicking in so I can't start, when I do get it started it drives but power steering goes and I don't seem.to have my indicators.....I'm.guessing it's one fault causing all of these but no idea where to even start!
I am having similar issues. Saturday was: Check (Emission fault, poss O2 emissions Sensor) Today got Engine Coolant Low-Stop Engine. Having Volvo dealer look at it. Used Volvo Assistance, did Diognostics Check and said poss replace sensor but now other problem could indicate leak in exhaust gas Coil or split in Bore, one owner had to replace engine, most say faulty sensors when going downhill and stopping.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am having similar issues. Saturday was: Check (Emission fault, poss O2 emissions Sensor) Today got Engine Coolant Low-Stop Engine. Having Volvo dealer look at it. Used Volvo Assistance, did Diognostics Check and said poss replace sensor but now other problem could indicate leak in exhaust gas Coil or split in Bore, one owner had to replace engine, most say faulty sensors when going downhill and stopping.

I disconnected the adaptor as suggested and gave it a clean, all errors disappeared and so far haven't returned! It's only been a couple of days though!

·
Registered
17 Posts
One day I drove my V40 to wash my front seats on the nearby washcar station with machine for vacuuming. The machine has noozle for spraying the wash liquid, and below is vacuum plastic. I spray it and vacuum it on one seat and finish the job. Leave the window of passenger to dry it. But when I start the engine, OMGGG, all this error lights was on my dashoboard! I start to sweat immediately!
Turn off the engine and start it again, everything was the same, but even worse. I drove it to the near gas station to tank the fuel.
After that, I startrt the engine again and suddenly all errors was gone. What a nightmare :/

·
Registered
5 Posts
How did you get on? Mine was towed to Volvo yesterday for the same reasons - I am hoping to hear back from them soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Since disconnecting the connector and giving a clean I've had no issues......fingers crossed it stays that way, but not a single error!
I've done that twice and yesterday it just went worse than before. I couldn't turn the engine off which was very odd.
I'm just hoping they sort it quickly and not at a great expense. I have advised that this forum leads me to think it is the fuse board but he didn't really sound as though he was listening to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts