Volvo V40 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Interestingly a few days back I asked a passenger in my car what they thought about the cabin. I was told it was very comfortable. I asked if they thought it was noisy. The response was a no.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Interestingly a few days back I asked a passenger in my car what they thought about the cabin. I was told it was very comfortable. I asked if they thought it was noisy. The response was a no.
My wife finds the car noisier when she is driving. We often cover the same route as we work in the same place and travel together and share the driving. However, i haven't tried the sound meter in the passenger side so once again this is all subjective.
Yesterday we had another couple in the back seats and travelling on the dual carrigeway around Lincoln conversation was difficult with many "Huhh."s.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My wife finds the car noisier when she is driving
That's a coincidence! I'm rarely a passenger in my own car but my wife drove the other day. I said I could hear more creaks and groans from that side of the car and she said the car was noisier than when I drive! Maybe it's their 'lead foot'!

By-the-way, I've tried the volume compensator on the radio but no matter which setting I use I can't hear one bit of difference. It's supposed to get louder as the cabin noise volume rises apparently.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah, the volume compensator is rubbish - I've got it set to MAX, but it doesn't appear to do anything.

With regards to cabin noise, I think it's very quiet - almost too quiet, I wouldn't mind a bit more induction or exhaust noise. It's certainly a lot quieter than my girlfriend's Scirocco.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yeah, the volume compensator is rubbish - I've got it set to MAX, but it doesn't appear to do anything.

With regards to cabin noise, I think it's very quiet - almost too quiet, I wouldn't mind a bit more induction or exhaust noise. It's certainly a lot quieter than my girlfriend's Scirocco.
I have noticed the radio steps a a notch at about 50 mph and i think again at 70 mph. Very hard to notice though with the bloody road noise as I have to turn it up manually anyway to hear it.

Ricu - are you SURE you have a V40 with no interior noise? I would love that!

·
Registered
175 Posts
In fairness, my previous car was a Land Rover - after that, anything seems quiet!

I do think the V40 is pretty quiet though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine also seems quiet to me, I have the auto loud bit set on medium and the volume control at about one third of the slider screen and and its fine throughout the speed range.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I seam to hear a lot of the wind and can easy hear the car infront of me when driving close (The cars winter-tires) but the wind noise I can hear the most. 80db (with iPhone app) i recorded in the car at 100km/h

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
All I hear the the nice noise of the 5 cylinder diesel motor :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
If anyone want's a whisper quiet drive then go and trade in your V40 for a Lexus CT200H F-Sport - 0-100 in 10 seconds!! -:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Tires are not a problem for me, I can't even hear my tires. My biggest problem is the wind nois. I dont even know how its possible to hear so much wind when driving. My last car (Chevrolet Cruze) was soooo quiet.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Definitely think the rubbish road surfaces in uk don't help. Mine was very quiet until I drove it in the uk, was glad to return to French and Spanish roads where I don't hear a peep and don't need to adjust the stereo volume to compensate for speed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lets not go there. After all Clarkson and Co say we paid for them. Spanish roads that is.:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
The Tires are not a problem for me, I can't even hear my tires. My biggest problem is the wind nois. I dont even know how its possible to hear so much wind when driving. My last car (Chevrolet Cruze) was soooo quiet.
I,m starting to get a little worried by this thread, have another 25 days to wait for my R Design and like nimren I am running around in my Chevrolet Cruze which is mega quiet.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts