Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

After placing and confirming my order, I realised that the D2 SE Lux doesn't come with the sexy dual exhaust. I spoke to the dealer who said the R-Spec and D3/D4 come with dual exhaust but the D2 doesn't.

Does anyone have a D2 (not r-spec)? Could you post a photo of the rear of your car?

Where exactly are the/is the exhaust? Does a single exhaust make any performance difference to the car?

Wish I'd realised this before ordering. :(

·
Registered
196 Posts
Volvo made a dummy second pipe for the C30, maybe they do the same thing for the V40??

To be fair, if you are worried about performance, best go and change your order to the D3/D4.

Your only other option would be an after market back box, more so for looks rather than performance.

Good luck.

·
Registered
382 Posts
It's worse than that Captain! There is no exhaust at all! Maybe the MY15 have.

This one is on sale in Glasgow. D2 SE Lux.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I also haven't seen a single pipe on one side, either both sides or nothing.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I thought! Where is the exhaust? Underneath?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To be fair, if you are worried about performance, best go and change your order to the D3/D4.
Hah, yeah, I went with the D2 out of sensibility. At 15k miles a year minimum, that extra fuel efficiency is really gonna help out. The D4 looked good on that front but the wait was too long for me.

Was asking more out of interest in the mechanics of it really.

·
Registered
30 Posts
AKD47 D2 fine, well whatever engine. But for the R-Design you get all the looks... A small premium that I can't understand anyone not choosing.... Such a difference!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
You can replace the centre piece and add tailpipes. Not sure of the D2 box is also like the T3/T4/T5 and D5, coming out on both sides, but just hidden.

I have the extra styling kit at home, only added the side wind deflectors, have the centre piece and whole tailpipe kit lying in my garage.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
D2 One exhaust pipe - hidden.
You can add a dual pipe (oval ends only, not round). Look at the accessory site, thru the official Volvo site for your country, it's easy ! :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
You can get the RDesign rear through accesory too, but it will be quite pricey. Probably be cheaper just to change the order to RDesign (with much more design goodies) or spend the same money and go for the Heico dual or quad exhaust.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
No Heico here, so R-Design is next step, but dealership did they own thing, so went with that, and actually not bad

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh nice, thanks for the info guys.

I don't mind it too much, but it does look sexy with the two exhaust, not enough for me to throw away the economy though. The four exhaust Heico looks good!

What kind of price are you looking at to have that fitted?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
D2 R-Design won't throw away any economy though?
It wouldn't be I didn't really want any of the other styling, simple the exhausts. It was my own fault, drove D3 and D2, but only really inspected the body of the D3, not realising the D2 was different at the back.

No bother!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The best way to check the difference in specification is to read the brochure, rather than looking at demonstrators.
Yeah, I'd read so much material, but then later when I found a specific price list of the parts, there was some text that was like "Dual exhaust (except D2)". First place that I'd seen anything about the D2 and exhausts.

I think it's a case of tell them what you have, not what you don't.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Oh nice, thanks for the info guys.

I don't mind it too much, but it does look sexy with the two exhaust, not enough for me to throw away the economy though. The four exhaust Heico looks good!

What kind of price are you looking at to have that fitted?
In Germany it's around €1700 + fitting with the painted rear skirt to accommodate the 4 exhaust tips.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.