Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be handy to have a thread where people can mention if they've seen another V40.

As they're still fairly rare (certainly in my part of the world) they tend to stand out and it would be nice to know if it's a fellow forum member we've seen.

If you spot a V40 on your travels, post "approximately" where you were (eg Near Ipswich) what road (if you can remember), the colour of the other car and the first 2 letters of the number plate (BEFORE the numbers) so that owners will be able to identify their own car without their entire registration being given out!

That way, for example, if I saw a post saying "I saw a black V40 RDesign near Ipswich on the A14, reg starting with WD" I would pretty much know it was mine so I could say it was me they saw (if I wanted to join in the conversation).

Reactions: worm59

·
Registered
718 Posts
Silver D2 14 reg parked at the Royal Armouries Portsdown Hill this morning.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Titanuim Grey 14 plate. Don't know the model. Turned onto the A27 eastbound at Emsworth about 12:45 today.

·
Registered
221 Posts
twins

Couple of weeks back a white R-Design put it's nose into my drive. I thought my wife was home until I realised my V40 was actually on the drive ...

The two were twins, but by the time I got to the front door they were off down the street. Have seen a rebel blue D2 (London Road Horndean) , and another white R-Design (near Portsdown hill 13/04/2014) - didn't think to look at reg at the time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Saw a rebel blue R Design driving down the main Kesgrave Road nr Ipswich. First R Design I've seen in Ipswich area... Are you on here?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I saw a white D2 in Felixtowe on Sunday, outside The Fludyers - cheers for not hitting my bike when you left, I realise I nicked a bit of your space. :)

Also a black something or other in Linton last week.

·
Registered
221 Posts
4 in one day !

Saw a white R-Design (partial custom Reg J 14)on the road passing Morrisons Horndean (Dell Piece West), followed two cars later by a titanium grey version - Not R-Design. (around 13:30 Fri 18th April)

Little while later in Gosport Howe Road, also looked like a Titanium Grey - around 16:30

Finally another Ice White R-Design on the M27 - looked like it was heading to Portsmouth.

·
Registered
718 Posts
White V40 at Emsworth roundabout (A259) yesterday about 3:30pm.
Seeing a few more around now.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Played leapfrog with another black Rdesign on the A14 between Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds this evening which was driven by a lovely young lady who didn't seem to mind me looking at how a black Rdesign looks in motion.
I gave her a flash of my hazards as she pulled off to say thanks and safe journey.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've seen a Rebel blue R-Design (unknown reg) a few times around 6:45am going though Old Windsor towards Staines on the A308.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I followed a Rebel Blue past Stonehenge yesterday around 5.30pm (ish) and a lovely Titanium Grey Twin in Port Isaac Main Car Park around 2.00pm.

At Padstow on Thursday I admired a V parked at the Harbour side that was painted in a lovely grey primer colour!

Having spent a week driving around Cornwall I can say that there are far more around than I notice when home.

800 miles, stop-start traffic. Bloomin good hills (then nice runs down again) and always averaged over 64mpg. Comfortable, quiet (Cornish Roads seem not to use chippings) and zippy enough to cope. Only bad thing is the huge turning-circle. Some Cornish roads have tight turns to get in and out and the Lovely V can struggle.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Played leapfrog with another black Rdesign on the A14 between Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds this evening which was driven by a lovely young lady who didn't seem to mind me looking at how a black Rdesign looks in motion.
I gave her a flash of my hazards as she pulled off to say thanks and safe journey.
For a minute I was going to say that was me but then I realised that I'm neither lovely, young nor a lady. :-(

It might have been the OH if it was a D4 - she is all of those things ;-)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Mr Fro?

But was it you I saw today Mr Fro?
At about 5.30pm towing a trailer heading from Chesterton to Elizabeth way bridge?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MrFro... This was a D2 so was neither your other half or you in drag ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Been seeing two V40s around Rugby/Leamington/Warwickshire. A red one which looks pretty standard and a white D2 R-Design which stopped off at Little Church St in Rugby last night.

Not sure if those chaps are on here but stop making me jealous whilst I wait for mine!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Red T2 (63 reg) in Mottisfont Abbey car park, and a Flamenco Red 14 reg near Otterbourne this evening.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Trip to Essex and back today, saw couple of V40s. One, a company car in the car park at South Mimms Service area this morning.
This evening passed one going anticlockwise round the M25 near the M3 junction around 9pm, then I was passed by an R Design 14 reg going south on the A3 south of Petersfield around 10pm. Anyone here acknowledge one of them?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.