Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
V40 Cross Country 2016 D3
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

So I am not sure if my car is facelift or not. I do not have thor hammer lights, but my grill is from those facelifted so I am a little bit confused. I will post a picture for you to check :)

Is it possible to have facelifted car with old headlamps, and if that is the case, can I put new headlights than?

Thanks in advance

Automotive parking light Car Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, it is possible. Not all V40 after 2015 has that new Thor's hammer lights.
If you are not sure what is the production year of your car, you can find it in few ways without asking the official dealer.
The fastest way is just to see the front seat belts. Look low down where the belt is attached to the column. There is a sewn label on it (similar to those on clothes) and it has a date on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it is possible. Not all V40 after 2015 has that new Thor's hammer lights.
If you are not sure what is the production year of your car, you can find it in few ways without asking the official dealer.
The fastest way is just to see the front seat belts. Look low down where the belt is attached to the column. There is a sewn label on it (similar to those on clothes) and it has a date on it.
I do have papers, it is June 2016 I think.
So you are saying that I do not need to change grill and front bumper together with cables for headlights.
Just buy headlights and put them in?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Whilst nothing is impossible it might be very difficult

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea you are right. Mine is Cross Country so that could be the reason, but I dont know. To be honest, it is a lot of money and a lot of effort to change it I guess. :-(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yea you are right. Mine is Cross Country so that could be the reason, but I dont know. To be honest, it is a lot of money and a lot of effort to change it I guess. :-(
Yeah it would be a lot of money then even if it could be done then you'd have to get the cars computer to recognise the change. Probably more hassle than it's worth. The DLRs in the hammer head are part of the light fitting and if they stop working a new fitting is the best part of 1k so for the fittings alone it would be 2k before you've done anything else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,

So I am not sure if my car is facelift or not. I do not have thor hammer lights, but my grill is from those facelifted so I am a little bit confused. I will post a picture for you to check :)

Is it possible to have facelifted car with old headlamps, and if that is the case, can I put new headlights than?

Thanks in advance

View attachment 17711 View attachment 17712
No cross country v40 have the new style lights

·
Registered
2 Posts
The cross country variant adopted the new style lighting system later than the normal v40. The vast majority of the cross country v40s made in 2016 / 2017 still used the transitional headlamps & wasn’t until 2018 they were built in as standard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts