Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I bit the bullet - the V40 has gone to the dealers as a trade in against a shiny new(er) S90 D4.

The V40 was the best car I ever had, hopefully the S90 will surpass all my expectations.

·
Registered
2017 R Design D2
405 Posts
Good choice. Great car, and excellent value :)
I'll join you with "Farewell V40", but my drive is still occupied with a V40, just a blue one...

·
Registered
716 Posts
Well, I bit the bullet - the V40 has gone to the dealers as a trade in against a shiny new(er) S90 D4.

The V40 was the best car I ever had, hopefully the S90 will surpass all my expectations.
Current car
Rebel Blue V40 D2 RDesign Lux
The one you have traded would be my ideal replacement car if I had to buy one today.
I hope you got a decent trade in!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Current car
Rebel Blue V40 D2 RDesign Lux
The one you have traded would be my ideal replacement car if I had to buy one today.
I hope you got a decent trade in!
Chip, it almost broke my heart to get rid of it, but it was starting to exhibit the symptoms that others with a D2 have complained about, so I got rid of it before it turned into a money pit. I was very happy with the £6k trade in I got..... in a few more weeks I fell it may have been undriveable

·
Registered
2017 R Design D2
405 Posts
What issues were you having with your D2?
With mine, a few weeks into owning the clutch started groaning on the bite, warranty replaced clutch, cylinder and flywheel 3 times in less than 18 mths. The most recent repair lasted around 2k miles, the noise began to come back. Other than that, a faultless but very costly way to drive 14000 miles :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What issues were you having with your D2?
The expansion tank was over-pressurising and reporting low coolant level. On the way to trade it in there was a total loss of power (on the outside lane of the motorway)
The revs dropped to about 1k-2k and bounced like hitting a rev limiter. Once I got onto the hard shoulder and turned off the engine let all the pressure out of the expansion tank the car ran fine again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts