Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
After 2 months of waiting my V40 D2 R-Design NAV Auto just arrived!
Didnt have much time yet to play around but im loving every second.

Pic attached.
After being in doubt and between manual and automatic and the Black and Red I decided for the Auto Red...
Still in doubt but now its here and looks great ;)
Have to get used to the gearbox still ...

The only thing I would like to know more is the Internet/ Apps feature.
Looks as if I cant put a SIM card on it after all and connect through my iPhone.
Any ideas what is the best connection to use? As using iPhone as hotspot drains its battery should I use the 12v plug as charger or USB (does it charge the phone)?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Connect via Wi-Fi personal hotspot or Bluetooth on your iPhone. I've done this both ways and it works ok. Think via Wi-Fi slightly quicker as can handle more data throughput than Bluetooth connectivity. Be prepared to be patient whatever, even using my 4G connection it's hardly spritely and more of a novelty to be honest. Saying that access to TuneIn radio is smart

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Connect via Wi-Fi personal hotspot or Bluetooth on your iPhone. I've done this both ways and it works ok. Think via Wi-Fi slightly quicker as can handle more data throughput than Bluetooth connectivity. Be prepared to be patient whatever, even using my 4G connection it's hardly spritely and more of a novelty to be honest. Saying that access to TuneIn radio is smart
Thanks JB1001

How do you charge your phone then?
Using its Hotspot drains the battery in no time. Do you have a charger via USB or 12 volts plug?

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.