Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having ordered it back in April, I received the call today saying I can collect my new V40 T5 R-Design on Thursday. Yay, finally!
I'm in Sydney, and wondering whether it will be a MY14 or MY13. How will I be able to tell the difference? I've seen some discussions about the LCD being red rather than blue and the gears no longer illuminated- if that is the case with mine, anyone know whether the lcd can be programmed back to blue?
Does anyone know when the MY14 production started (I might be able to work it out from the build date)?
Can't wait to pick it up - hope I'm not disappointed!
Kieran

·
Registered
221 Posts
Having ordered it back in April, I received the call today saying I can collect my new V40 T5 R-Design on Thursday. Yay, finally!
I'm in Sydney, and wondering whether it will be a MY14 or MY13. How will I be able to tell the difference? I've seen some discussions about the LCD being red rather than blue and the gears no longer illuminated- if that is the case with mine, anyone know whether the lcd can be programmed back to blue?
Does anyone know when the MY14 production started (I might be able to work it out from the build date)?
Can't wait to pick it up - hope I'm not disappointed!
Kieran
MY14 production began late April. If you ordered in April it is very likely you will get a MY14.

The non-illuminated gearshift seems to be limited to me - I have a D2 powershift, which was only available from MY14 and it did not come with illuminated gearshift. All manual versions currently being delivered still have the illumination.

For the LCD, MY13 R-Design had blue backgrounds for all 3 themes (Elegance/Eco/Performance). MY14 has Blue for Elegance only, Eco is some pale green colour, and Performance is Red.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that. I guess I'll find out on Thursday. Mine was ordered mid April (15th) and I was told that due to the specs I wanted (T5 + heated seats + keyless drive/entry + Drivers Support Pack) it had to be built for me...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just for precision - I was told the production of MY14 began in mid June, but you could order it as early as April. I ordered mine on April 25th and got the MY14.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
According to some paperwork I found in my car past weekend, mine was completed on the 11th June 2013 :) Seems about right, as it was delivered to the dealer on the 25th June 2013.

I placed my order on the 25th May 2013.

check this video out - it is the switchover from MY13 to MY14 in the Volvo factory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5uLZcRvls8

It was published on 22 May 2013. It does not state when the exact switchover took place.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I defer to you sir - the price list I got said "88 gr CO2 model - production begins in week 24 [that would be late June]", so I assumed it included all 2014 models. I guess Volvo may have also production earlier than planned.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts